41|THE LADY IN RED

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 41

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 41

I open my mouth to say something but close it again when nothing comes out

I open my mouth to say something but close it again when nothing comes out... What have I done to deserve this life?!

"Olwethu, asambe" I immediately snatch my arm away from his hold. "Ungangibambi" I croak out, taking a step back.

"What have I done to make you hate me? Why do you hate me Melokuhle?! Why do you have to go around killing people because of me? His blood is on my hands and it's all your fault"

"Why can't you understand the fact that I'm not yours? You don't own me! Please just leave me alone. I want nothing to do with you"

"Olwe-" I walk away before he can respond. I just want to sleep.

*

I walk into the room and shut the door before heading into the bathroom, I take a long shower before getting into bed hoping to fall asleep.

I force my eyes to stay open, everytime I close them I see Ethan's dead body, The man who once tried to kidnap me, my mother's dead body, Zithulele's lifeless body, that girl on Melokuhle's lap.

Everything, I see everything and it's giving me a headache. I sit up and take out my phone.. it's currently midnight and he's not yet back.

My phone rings and I answer it.

Me:
Zithu.

Zithu:
Ubuya nini?

Me:
Sawubona nawe Zithulele. Nami ngiyaphila.

Zithu:
When are you coming back?

Me:
I'm catching the first flight home.

Zithu:
Why? What happened.

Me:
Lutho, Ungakhathazeki ngami. Are you okay?

Zithu:
I'm fine. I can take care of myself.

Me:
Ungaqambi amanga I'm the one who takes care of you. Kahle kahle wena udinga unkosikazi noma intombi.