Chapter 2 New Look

The following day Martha had woken Natalie up pretty early in the morning, so early that the sun wasn't gonna be up for another few hours. Natalie was obviously confused by this as school didn't start till at least 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning, she wasn't sure.

"Hey, cous why did you wake me up at 4 in the morning? School doesn't start this early does it?" Natalie asked, still a little drowsy.

"Nope, but we're going somewhere that'll allow you to make a mind blowing first impression!" Martha exclaimed, full of energy and clearly fully awake.

With how awake Martha seemed Natalie wondered if she had gone to bed early or if she had woken up this early in the morning before. Questions weren't important right now, as she wondered how Martha was gonna allow her to make a mind blowing first impression in school.

"What do you mean cous? How are you gonna let me make such an impression on everyone in the school?" Natalie asked.

"Oh I've got ideas! We're gonna first get you a new hair do! I know someone who works at a salon this early in the morning as the place is open twenty four seven. After that we're gonna get you a new look! Something that screams, "I'm a badass, so don't mess with me!" Martha explained excitedly like a child on Christmas morning.

"Um... okay?" Natalie said a little disturbed by the amount of energy Martha was displaying right now.

"Alright, so after breakfast I'll drive us up to the salon, then we'll head to a clothing store to get your new look. Once we've gotten everything we'll be heading to school, where we'll meet up with your mom!" Martha explained, listing out the plan for the day.

Natalie just nodded and went into the bathroom to get up and get herself ready for the day. While Natalie was in the bathroom Martha went into the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for the two of them.

Half an hour passed and now the two cousins were in Martha's car driving to the salon. They soon arrived and Natalie saw the salon and it was impressive. The place had a neon sign that said, "Katie's Hair and Nails" and there was a lovely flower garden sitting on the outside under the windows.

"Wow, this place knows how to make a good and warm welcome," Natalie said as she observed the place.

"Yes it does! The owner wanted the place to look nice so the customers can feel relaxed as they get their hair and nails done. Let's go now! I wanna see you in a new look pronto!" Martha exclaimed as she wrapped her arm around Natalie and led her inside.

Once inside Martha brought Natalie over to an open chair close to the entrance and sat her down. After being seated on the chair a man came up to the two of them and introduced himself. "Hello I'm Pat you must be Natalie, your cousin Martha here has told me about you and scheduled the appointment for you," Pat explained.

"N-Nice to meet you, and why am I not surprised she planned ahead. You come up with the craziest things Martha," Natalie commented.

"Hey what can I say, I like to be prepared. Now you go on and have Pat here do whatever you want him to do with your hair! I'll pay for it, I've been saving up a good amount of my allowance and paychecks from my part time job so do whatever. I also spoke with your mom and she said that it was cool for you to go nuts with your hair," Maratha explained before she went to the waiting room to sit down.

"Alright so, what would you like me to do? A trim, shampoo, color, wet roller set?" Pat started asking as he got an apron on.

Natalie thought about what she would like to have for her new life in the city. After a moment an idea came to mind and she knew what she wanted for her hair. "Alright Pat, I know what I want for my hair," Natalie explained.