Chapter 9 Costume Troubles

In the apartment building music could be heard coming from Martha's room as Natalie, Taylor, and she all rocked out on instruments. Martha was playing an electric guitar, Taylor was bashing a drum set as hard as they could, and Natalie was playing a keytar.

"I'M IN SIGHT THAN BING BANG BOOM I'M OUT OF SIGHT!" Martha sang loudly.

"I WEAR A MASK AND DO MY TASK TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT!" Natalie screamed.

"I FIGHT FOR ALL AND I DO NOT STALL!" Taylor sang.

"WE WORK TOGETHER IN THE NIGHT CAUSE WE'RE NINJA'S! YEAH YEAH! WE'RE NINJAS AND WE FIGHT FOR YOU! LET ME HEAR YOU SAY IT! WE'RE NINJAS AND WE FIGHT FOR YOU!" The trio sang together as they finished their song.

"THANK YOU FOR COMING! WE'RE NINJA STARS! GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE!" Martha called out to the imaginary crowd.

"Phew, that was intense," Natalie said as she took off her keytar.

"Yeah it was, and I think that was our best song yet. Martha I'm so glad you decided we should enter the school's battle of the bands," Taylor said as they put down their drum sticks.

"I'm happy to! I've always wanted to have a band, alongside being a ninja. Unfortunately my friends couldn't join as they had other interests. But I'm glad you two wanted to form a band with me. And really Tay, that song you wrote was amazing! I can't wait to sing it tonight!" Martha exclaimed, very excited to play tonight.

"Thanks I've always had a talent for writing of all kinds," Taylor explained.

"I can see that your notebook has poems, short stories, and songs," Natalie said as she looked through Taylor's notebook.

"Hehe, I write when I'm bored and there's nothing else for me to do. Most of that was when I was still going to my previous school but now that I transferred I don't do it as often during school hours. That shows how different my previous school was compared to Starhigh," Taylor pointed out.

"It definitely is, oh I just remembered we need to meet up with Leha and John," Martha reminded.

"The sewing twins?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah, I asked them to make our band costumes. They should be done today so let's head down to their place and see how they look," Martha explained.

"Oh right well let's get going! I'm so excited to see how the costumes turned out!" Natalie exclaimed.

"Me too! The sewing twins earned that name for a reason! As they are incredible at stitching, sewing and so much more!" Taylor exclaimed as Martha had shown them some of the twins' clothes and they had heard about them as well.

"Come on let's get going, those outfits aren't gonna try themselves on," Martha said.

Natalie and Taylor nodded, so the three of them all packed up their things then headed out to Martha's car. They walked down the stairs and outside through the other exit that didn't go through the bakery as there was a lunch rush currently going on. So the bakery was currently filled with a bunch of customers; none of them wanted to get caught in the crowd so they went through the other exit in the apartment.

Once outside Martha got out her keys from her purse and pressed a button that unlocked the car. She got in first then popped the trunk open so the three could easily place their instruments in there. After opening the trunk Natalie and Taylor placed their instruments inside the trunk, which wasn't too hard to do as they were safely inside their case so one of them had to worry about them getting damaged. Once all the instruments were inside Taylor went up to the front passenger seat and Natalie went to the back seat behind Martha. Now inside the car the three all put on their seatbelts, Martha then put the car in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot. Afterwards she put the car in drive then drove off to the twin's place excited to see what they had done.