Chapter 4 First Encounter

Days passed and it was now Saturday; Martha was sleeping in as she had a wonderful time with Taylor last night. It was rather late in the night when she got back home to the apartment. By the time she woke up it was already well into the late hours of the morning. Martha looked at her bedroom clock and saw that it was 10 in the morning.

So she sat up and stretched her arms and leg before reaching to the side of her bed and putting her prosthetic on. Once she made sure it was fixed on properly Martha got up and changed into her regular clothes for the day. "Ah, now let's see what dad's baking in the bakery, and what my cousin and aunt are up to," Martha said to herself.

She left her room and went down to the bakery to see what her dad was up to this morning. When she got there she saw her dad was mixing up a fresh batch of cream for another pastry that she assumed was in the oven based on the smell wafting through the room. "Morning dad, how are you doing?" Martha asked, getting her father's attention.

Her dad looked over to her and saw her standing in the kitchen's entrance. He smiled seeing his daughter awake and he paused what he was doing to come over and give her a big hug. "Martha, it's good to see you up. And I'm doing well this morning, thank you for asking," her dad responded.

Martha smiled back and hugged him until the timer for the oven went off. Martha's dad let his daughter go and went up to the timer to turn it off before getting a pair of oven mitts on, opening the oven. He pulled out some freshly baked puffs that he would soon fill up with cream once they cooled down.

"Hey! Mr. Morgan! We've got an order for a wedding cake!" one of the bakery's employees called out.

"Alright! Write down the details and let's get to work!" Morgan called out.

"Yes sir!" The employee responded and went to get the recommended details.

"Hey Martha, if you're looking for Natalie, she went to central park to do some sketching, and your aunt is at work right now," Morgan explained.

"Okay dad, and if you need any help with that wedding cake let me know," Martha said before leaving the bakery.

She walked down to the park as it wasnt that far away from her apartment. Once she got there she saw that as usual it was full of people who were walking around on their own, with a partner, or with their pet animal. She looked around and soon spotted Natalie sitting on a bench with her notebook in her hand and sketching something in it.

Martha walked up to Natalie and sat down next to her cousin and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. Natalie looked to her side and saw Martha sitting next to her with a smile on her face. "Hey cous, what's up?" Martha asked.

"Not much, I'm just chilling here drawing the fountain," Natalie explained. Martha looked at the sketch and saw that it looked great and very realistic with the amount of details and shade put into it.

"Wow, your art skills are amazing," Martha complimented.

"Hehe, thanks I've been doing this for a long time... hey I know this is out of the blue, but have you heard a word form Eri since that day of the field trip?" Natalie asked.

"Not really, I wonder where she could be? And I have lots of questions to ask her about the charms. Don't get me wrong it's awesome to turn into a ninja with powers and awesome weapons. I have been going ninja a lot privately to see what I got stored in my suit. But I am very curious about everything and I wanna know who this Judas guy is," Martha explained.

"Yeah me too, whoever he is and wherever he is I have a feeling that it won't be good once he strikes again on the city. I just hope it won't be my mom or your dad as the last thing I want is my friends and family getting hurt. I can't bear losing my mom after my dad died," Natalie explained.