Chapter 5 New tricks

Now it was Monday and the two cousins had practiced as much as they could with their powers. However they unfortunately couldn't do that much as they had to help out with deliveries for the bakery. This was because that day was incredibly busy after getting that wedding cake order, which needed to be done in another two days.

"Phew, you know I wish some people would order their cake for their weddings a bit earlier than a few days," Natlie said as she and Martha sat down in history class.

"Me too, but hey I've been dealing with this for a while so I'm used to it," Martha explained.

"I have no idea how you can do it, but I'm glad that you helped me with delivering orders," Natalie said.

"Anytime cous, you're still new here and don't know your way around like I do, so it's only natural that I help out," Martha explained.

Natalie smiled, she then heard the creek of the door opening and when she looked she saw that their history teacher had just entered the classroom. He walked up to the black board and wrote down a guest's name on the black board before turning to the class.

"Good morning class I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend, as it wouldn't be good if you didn't. Being relaxed and calm can help with your public, personal and professional life so keep that in mind. Now we're going to be going over the history of some old artifacts from the past. I've even had a guest who works in the local museum. May I present Miss, Candess," Mr Hernderson introduced and stepped aside for the lady.

A woman with blond hair, and explorer's attire entered the room, she had on her back that looked to be pretty heavy. Another woman came in after the blond woman; she also wore explorer's attire, but had black hair instead.

"Hello children! I'm Candess, and this is my faithful and loyal assistant Amy!" Candess exclaimed, introducing her assistant who nervously waved to the class.

"Now Mr. Henderson here has asked me to tell you all about the history regarding the many places I've explored with Amy. So I hope you all are excited to see some pictures and learn about the places we've seen together," Candess explained, trying to make the class excited. Some students started whispering to their neighbors while others seemed pretty interested in what was going on.

"Wow, this sounds kinda exciting," Natalie whispered to Martha.

"Yeah Mr. Henderson always tries his best to make history class exciting. And once a month he's allowed to invite a guest over to help out with the lesson and make things even more interesting," Martha explained.

"Why not every week?" Natalie asked as she believed this would be more interesting if it happened more often.

"Na that's not in the school's budget," Martha answered.

After hearing that Natalie nodded as she realized why it wasn't more often. She was a little disappointed about that as she would've loved to have this be so often rather than just being once a month. Candess then started the lesson by using a projector to show the class pictures of her recent expedition. The whole class was impressed and intrigued about this as the photos looked amazing and even dangerous. There was even one with her and Amy being chased down by alligators which looked scary.

"Hehe that alligator incident was quite the banger; however it was worth it with what we had brought back. Hey Amy, could you bring it back from the truck?" Candess asked.

"Huh? O-Oh sure." Amy replied a bit timidly before walking off. She walked out of the classroom and outside of the school to the truck. Once at the truck she popped open the back and pulled out a large pot that was also very heavy. After pulling it all the way out she placed it on the ground and closed up the trunk. She then bent down and picked up the heavy pot, making sure not to drop it as it was old and very fragile. Due to what both she and Candess had gone through to get it she didn't want it to break as to her it would make all their hard work a total waste.