Chapter 6 Long Story

The school week passed like nothing and now Natalie was woken up by Martha who was excited to head to the temple. Natalie looked at her alarm clock after being woken up and she saw that it was currently 8 in the morning. Natalie smiled a bit as it was much nicer than the last time Martha woke her up on her first day at her new school.

"Hey cous, are you excited to go back to that temple and get some answers?" Martha asked cheerfully.

"Yawn... Yeah I am, thanks for asking cous. I'm just gonna get ready for the day and after breakfast I'll be ready to head out," Natalie explained through yawns while also getting up from her bed.

"Awesome! I'll wait for you in the living room, let me know when you're ready to head out," Martha said before leaving the room to give Natalie the space she would need to get ready.

"Well, better get going, neither me nor Martha are going to get any answers if we stay here all weekend," Natalie said to herself before getting up and walking up to her dresser to grab her clothes for the day.

About an hour later Natalie had finished up her daily routine and was now ready to head out. So after putting her dishes from breakfast in the skink, she quickly whipped off the stove, so her mom wouldn't bother her about it later, and went into the living room to tell Martha. When she walked in she saw Martha just chilling on the couch watching a Ninja show.

"Hey Martha! I'm ready to go!" Natalie called out, getting Martha's attention.

"Alright! I'll be there in a sec! This is my favorite part of the episode! So once it's over we'll go!" Martha exclaimed.

Not wanting to wait as Natalie knew her cousin well enough that she'd just move on to the next episode once this one was finished, Natalie picked up the remote and paused the TV before turning it off.

"Hey! What gives cous! Why'd you have to do that?!" Martha asked a little annoyed that Natalie had turned the TV off.

"Sorry, but knowing you, you'll just be sitting here watching that show all day and we won't be going anywhere, and I'm not in the mood for that, okay?" Natalie asked.

Martha groaned a bit, but nodded her head, she got up and walked out of the room. Natalie put the remote back down on the table then followed her cousin out of the room then out of the apartment. After leaving the apartment the two went down to the bakery, and saw Morgan frosting a cake.

"Hey dad!" Martha called out which got her father's attention.

"Huh? Oh hey girls, where are you two doing today?" Morgan asked the girls.

"We were just gonna head out to that temple we went to on our school field trip. Natalie loved it so much that she wanted to see more," Martha explained.

"Really? That's actually perfect timing, we got an order for some cherry blossom shaped mini cakes so could you girls do me a favor and deliver them for us? I would've asked one of my employees, but that wedding cake is due today so everyone's hold up," Morgan explained.

"Sure dad! We'd love to! Oh and is it alright if we take some sticky buns for the road?" Martha asked.

"Hehe, of course, I know that you two just love my buns," Morgan said.

He then grabbed a tray that was sitting next to him and handed it over to the girls. The tray was covered in gooey, cinnamon sticky buns that were all shaped differently. Somewhere squares, while others were hearts, diamonds, circles, and even triangles. Martha and Natalie both giggled a bit at the randomly shaped buns before the two grabbed some bags that were sitting on the shelf behind them and took about two buns each.