Chapter 1, Good morning Sun.

Conner pov :

I sat up, eyes shot wide, sweat dripping from my forehead, I'm warm, so warm but so cold. I hear music, Gosh damn it why much Travis lisen to that annoying fucking music to bed, every singal night. I look out of the window, Dark. I look over at cecil. He's sleeping peacefully and in the bed, obove him Julia, Gus bed is empty, I look over at the bed that once was Luke's, Gus was sleeping there, he blames himself for Luke's death, We all blame ourselves for Luke's death. We are - where his siblings, for God's sake, and we couldn't stop him from Kronos.

I got out of my bed, I reached for my bag before carefully creaping out of the cabin. I'm careful to close the door to not make much noise, Thank God hermes kids are good at sneaking around. I walk off the porch, It's quiet on camp. I let my eyes adjust to the darkness around me before I carefully made my way into the north woods. It's quiet, If it wasn't for the fact that it was 2 in the morning, I would be suspicious of the silence. I walk 4, 6, 8, 10 meters into woods until I come to the tree, the biggest tree in the forest, not bigger than Thalia's tree ofc but big.

I make sure the bag is safely secured on my back and starts climbing it, 5 meters of ground, a branch, thick and strong, would most likely hold up 4 people at best. I take a seat on the big branch and lean against the tree trunk, I have my bag between my legs and let them hang on the sides. I take out a flash light and turn to a hole I have made in the trunk a few weeks back when the nighmares started. 

It fits perfectly, just like it should. Like the final peace of a puzzle, it's the second half even. I turn the flashlight on and slide it in, Like I have done, every night for the past 3 weeks. I take out my book. (Yes, I have started to read books, so what? We all cope with nightmares differently) No one knows of this. everyone thinks because im a hermes kid, and all I do is run around camp and pull pranks, I'm so much more then just that but people don't relize that, All beacuse im a hermes kid.

I started reading "The Tales of heros" A book I stole from the Athena cabin a week ago, it's the second book I have stolen from them in the 3 weeks I have woken up at 1.27 am. I give them back ofc, I just sneak in like I did the first when taking it and then just put it back where it sould stand, I rember the books next to it and it's position perfectly. It's like it never left. I keep them in well condition.

I read until the sun starts rising and the sky goes from a blue to a yellow.

"Good morning, sun."

I say, smiling that I don't need to worry about the nightmares coming back. I put a book mark in the book and carefully placed it in my bag, I figet the flashlight out of the hole in the tree trunk and turn it off before placing it neatly in its pocket in the bag. I have stopped being so careful going up and down the tree, I stand up like I uselt do before reaching to hold the truck. I slip. 5 meters, I fall. The pain in my leg is unbearable, I don't scream, I look down at my leg. Blood. So much blood, It's broken.

I look around, my ears punding, my vision is blurry, tears roll down my face, but I dare not make a sound. I see a branch, Thin, close to the bottom of the tree, I reach for it, It hurts in my leg when I reach for it, I grab it. All I can think is "What do I do now?" Panik is in my chest as I try pulling myself up on my one good leg, I can't do it. It hurts, I can't breathe. I did it. I pulled myself up, I held hard around the tree trunk, holding myself up on one leg, the other dangling broken at my side. Soon, soon, I think, Soon they will realize im gone, They I'll come. They will help me.

Minuts that feel like hours as my good leg starts to hurt from standing, I stop crying, and my breathing is normal. my leg is covered in dried blood. I can't stand here much longer. I yell, I yell so loud, like my life depends on it.

"TRAVIS!"

It came out more sceard and painful than I expected, but it was loud. I break out again.

"TRAVIS"

I keep screaming for my brother, I don't stop, not even from the pain in my throat. I only stop when I hear it, a voice, calling for me, Muliple voices calling my name, They sound Paniked, I respond whit shouts back. Over whealimg relife fills my body as my slightly taller twin looking older brother runs twords me pushing bushes aside, behind him, Cecil, Gus and Julia, Behind the hermes cabin kids another few children from other cabins.

Travis ran to my aid, and his eyes widened at the sight of my leg. I let go of the truck and let Travis be my support. the half-bloods who I now can make out to be, Annabeth and her half brother Malcolm i think his name is, He's not the most social, Will the camp best healer, Katie and willow from the Demeter cabin and last Percy. They help carry Mr and my bag to the infermery after will make sure my leg has not lost all seanses.

They are yelling stuff at me, but I can't hear, My vision gose black and the mumbles of words i can't make out fades whit it.