Chapter 2. Glances

Conner Pov :

"Ah- Fuck.."

I put my hand over my eyes to cover them from the sun shining through a window in the infermery, I sit up, It's empty in the infermery, I wondered if I'm in a dream or if I'm awake.

I look over at the clock, 12.30pm, Lunch, I'm guessing that's why I'm alone. I sit quietly in the empty infermery, and then it hits me. It's quiet, I move to sit by the edge, and my feet hit the floor.

"Hello?"

No reply, I try again, Once more, there is no answer. I stand up, my vision goes dark, and I fight the urge to fall, My leg is healed, and I can stand on it. How long was I out? I ask myself as my vision comes back to me. I look up twords the front door of the infermery, it's closed, It's never closed in the middle of the day.

I walk over and open it, I gasp as I'm greeted with him, Luke.

"Why did you help me?"

"I.. Luke.."

"You were my brother, Your supose to help family. How could you let me die? "

"I didn't know.. "

"I was your brother, You did nothing!"

He raised his voice, I stared at him as tears started falling down my cheeks, No, no, no, no, I reapeded over and over as tears warmed my face.

Travis : "Conner, Conner! CONNER!"

I jolted up and saw my brothers worried face, He embraced me in a hug and I looked around seeing Will stand next to Cecil who also looked worried But he did not hug me. I looked around the infermery, The other demigods from the other cabins where not there neither was Gus.

Cecil : "Omg Conner, You sceard us, What the fuck happend?"

Conner : "I fell"

Travis: "Conner! Your leg was broken and bloody, what made you think it was a good idea to go out into the forest alone and that early in the morning!?"

Hes voice was raised, but not angry. He was worried, Sceard. Can you blame him though? What would you do if you found your brother in the morning standing by a tree whit a broken leg covered in blood screaming in painful agony for you to come.

He gave me a gental kiss on the forehead befor pulling away from the hug and placering his hands on my sholders, I stared at him for a bit, It was silent, No one said a word.

Conner: "Ew.."

Wow great, You make your family worry the fuck out of you and your only respons is a sarcastic ew that your older brother display loveing affection showing he cares that you are okay, Really, Amazing Conner.

we stared at each other a little more before Travis cracked a smile and spoke, Chukeling on his words.

Travis : "I hate you."

He let go of me and stood up, I saw Cecil sigh in relife and leave the infermery while shaked his head and walking closer to me.

Travis: "Okay, Conner, you seem fine, I promise Katie to come to her as soon as you awoke and fine, I'll be back in a few hours maybe."

Travis said, smile walking out behind cecil, Now it was just me and Will in the Infermery, He stood by my side for a bit, checking my temrature, and asked me questions on how I was feeling. Then he walked closer to my leg and inspected it before poking at it and asking if it hurt. He looked over at me before asking something I wasn't expecting.

Will : "So, why were you in the forest?"

Conner : "Nightmare"

Will : "Nice, Explains a lot."

I have never been the best at talking with people who have always been more a Travis thing, I looked at Will, who had now turned and was walking twords the desk to take out a clipboard. I decided to use what was of my energy and sit up. It hurt a bit but not too bad. Will walked back over to me, and we stood in silence for a bit once more. This is acully so fucking akword.

Will : "How often do you get nightmares?"

Conner : "How often do you surprise people with your questions?"

Will : "Way too often, Now answer"

Conner : "Every night.."

Will : "You cried, You know, and you said Luke in your sleep, You worry me, not just me"

Conner : "Oh.. "

I sat there, Half lisening half being lost in my own thoughts, did I sleep talk? how has no one noticed before? Will talked on a bit before writing a note stating I was to talk to Mr. D about my dreams.

I lay in the infermery's bed for a week before my leg was almost fully healed, I could stand and walk on it, but it hurt a bit, Not scrwaming crying at the pain just a little stingy. Perks on being a demi-god, I guess, Nector and ambrosia hitting hard in healing.

I walked twords the Hermes cabin with the support of my half-sister Julia, as we entered the hermes cabin and emediatly I was tackled in a bear hug and a big banner witch said "WELLCOME BACK TO YOUR OWN BED", It was badly done too. but I couldn't help but smile at the gesture don't by my siblings. I thanked them, and we celebrated a bit, I was happy to know they cared this much. I walked over to my bed, which was neatly done. my bag sat on the bed, the bag I saw Malcolm pick up.

Travis: "Oh yeah, Malcolm gave the bag back yesterday, He said he forgot he had it, and the moment just made him rush a bit,"

Conner : "Ah, okay, thanks."

Gus : "I didn't know you read."

Conner : "Mh?"

I looked over at them, confussed, and then looked back at my bag, then opened it, The book was still there. Why? Malcolm is smart enough to know if a book belongs to the Athena cabin or not. Or did my siblings go through my bag? no, they wouldn't..

Cecil : "You read, It isn't something we expected from you, I mean, we have never seen you read."

Conner : "Oh, no, I only read at night."

Julia walked over and out her hand on my sholder. Then, he pulled me into a hug, It's not very unusual for her to hug us, She liked showing affection like that.

We didn't talk more about it that day about anything that had happened. Later at dinner, I did glance over twords the Athena cabin and saw Malcolm look at me, and then he would quickly look away. Strange, I thought.

Travis : "What ya looking at, lil bro?"

Travis bumped me on my shoulder, taking my attention away from the Athena cabin table. He was giving that weird smirk and raising his eyebrows.

Conner : "Nothing, let's keep eating."

I reply and swift around the food left in my palte, that I did not offer to the gods. I could see my siblings where worried for me but they did not comment on it, after dinner was done travis aksed if i would be joining the camp fire witch I gently denyed and walked over twords the hermes cabin, I fell asleep quickly that night.