Chapter 11. The truth

Connor : "You should cook more often."

Malcolm : "I have been cooking for you for a week."

Connor : "So? You still have, like, idk 3 years to make up for"

Malcolm: "I do? how so?"

He asks leaning agenst the high table  whit a for in his hand takeing bits of his food anf eating it, while Connor on the other side of the table sitting on a high chair stuffing his face whit the breakfest Malcolm made.

Connor : "Yep! and cuz you and I weren't friends, so you couldn't cook for me."

Malcolm : "Are we just friends or.. is this a situation ship?"

Conner swollowed the food and looked at Malcolm a bit before shrugging

Connor : "I dont know this is all new to me.."

Malcolm gave an undertanding hum in respons. He waits until Connor is all done eating. They talk and laugh as they get up on the boats deck. Malcolm takes Connors arm and spins him around before putting his hands around Connors waist. Connor returned the gesture by wrapping his arms around Malcolm's neck.

Connor : "So how long do you think we will spend together on this boat alone before we come back to camp?"

Malcolm : "I hope a bit longer.."

Malcolm gave Connor a kiss, squeezing him  a bit. They didn't notice the love godess appear out of thin air watching the two lovers kiss.

Aphrodite : "Wow, Wow, Wow..  All it takes is a week stuck in time on a boat, or we'll frozen in time, and I worked my work"

Malcolm let go of Connor as the godess came closer, clapping her hands and admiring her work. 

Malcolm: "What do you mean frozen in time?"

aphrodite : "I mean, the world has been spinning while you two have been not spinning."

Connor : "So.. how long have we been here..?"

Aphrodite  : "Oh, not long, dont even worry. Just like a year, in the real world, and five days herev"

What the FUCK!? Omg- TRAVIS!

Connor : "WHAT!? What. Do. You. Mean. HAVE WE BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR!?"

Malcolm put his hand on Connors sholder in an attempt to calm him down, but he just shrugged off Malcolm and put up his fists, ready to fight the problematic godess.

Aphrodite : "Oh, come on, Connor, I got you a boyfriend."

Malcolm : "He didn't want a boyfriend."

Connor : "Exacly! I eas perfectly fine being alone!"

Aphrodite : "You can't lie to the gods, stoll."

Connors face sofen into a sad frown, remembering the jealousy he felt over Travis and katie and how easily Travis just canceled their pranks' plans to be with her instead.

Malcolm wasn't having it from her, at all.

Malcolm  : "So this was your doing?"

Aphrodite : "Oh, if you mean creating a fake quest, getting hephestus to build aq boat whit endless supplies, one bedroom, An traping you in time? then yeah, falling in love you two did on your own. "

Connor leaned back to lean on Malcolm, He wrapped an arms around connors neck, resting his hand in his chest.

Malcolm : "Get us home."

aphrodite : "Now?"

Malcolm : "Now."

Aphrodite  : "I'm sorry I can't do that."

Connor : "WHY!"

Connors suddenly outburst, caught maclom and Aphrodite by surprise but Malcolm keept his hand around Connor sceard as if Connor would be dumb enough to fight a godess.

He would, O,  so he would.

Malcolm, I know you're trying  to help, but I'm the Narrirator, so stop interrupting and go away.

Okay, sorry, continue

Aphrodite : "Simple, there's a storm going on. Everyone would be better off if you just stayed here a bit longer."

Connor : "We have been here a YEAR! I dont give a FUCK IF A STORM IS GOING ON! Dose my brother know I'm alive and okay!"

Connors eyes filed up whit tears and seeing the pained face of his now lover Malcolm wrapped his other arm around Connor giveing him a hug.

Aphrodite : "No, he does not. They all think you two died a while ago, when you didn't come home for the end of the summer last year."

Malcolm,: "Aphrodite, get us out of this storm. Right now."

Malcolm's face was stern, Aphrodite had no choice but to let them go, They had been here a year and the pain in Connors expression of knowing his brother thought he had been dead and greft really hit aphrodite hard.

She gave a nod and disappeared along whit the sight of calm waters, The waves flew around, ready to down anyone in sight. Malcolm ran up to the wheel and started started to steer them the direction of the camp compass, which would always show where camp was no matter how far it was.

All Connor could do was to hold on to the boat as it fought against the waves.

Connor : "MALCOLM!"

the scream. The horror that will hunt Malcolm for a lift time as he looked over to where Connor would be standing,
convulsively holding the railing, But he wasent. The waves had taken him.

Malcolm whit out thinking, Let the anchor down and running to where Connor stood. Not too far from the boat Connor was despretly trying to stay obove sea water. The waves didn't look like they would ease down anytime soon.

The only thought regenerating in Malcolm's mind was to save Connor, He jumped into the water and swam twords him. more then half way to Connor, Connors body had given up fighting the waves, He passed out.

Panik rose in Malcolm, He knew if he was any later, Connor would drown, He tried swimming faster, but Connor had already gone below the water when Malcolm finally reached him. He dove down, glad to know Connor hadn't sunken too deep.

He got them both over the surface, gasping for air and holding onto Connor he swam desperately to reach the boat.