Chapter 2

The triplets are now hanging out with their Uncle Scar, as he has brought them to a gorge. "Hey Uncle Scar? Why did you bring us here?" Asks Kion. "It's a surprise," says Scar. "Really?! I love surprises!" Says Simba in excitement. "That's a surprise," says Kiara in annoyance, smirking at Kion. "What's the surprise, uncle Scar?" Asks Simba. "If I tell you cubs, then there won't be a surprise," refuses Scar. "If you tell me the surprise, we'll pretend to be surprised." Says Simba.

Scar starts walking away. "Hey, uncle Scar, will we like this surprise?" Asks Simba. "Yeah." Agrees Kion and Kiara. "Oh, Simba, Kiara, and Kion, it's to die for," says Scar, smirking as he does so and walking away. Simba works on that small roar of his. "Neither of us are going to get our roars until we're older, Simba," reminds Kiara, scratching herself. "Well, practice makes perfect, Kiara," argues Simba.

They all feel something coming. "Uhh... guys?" Asks Kion. "What Ki- OH MY GOD! STAMPEDE!" Shouts Kiara. The triplets run away as fast as their tiny paws can take them. Then, their father Mufasa and their uncle Scar comes. Mufasa grabs all of them. Mufasa puts Kion and Kiara on his back, and grabs Simba. Kiara runs away, but Kion and Simba stay there to see their father dead.

"Dad! No!" Says Kion in grief. "We gotta go home! Dad!" Says Simba sadly. Simba tried pulling on his ear, and when that didn't work, they feared the worst. The brothers looked at each other in concern, but were frightened when Scar came up to them. Kion ducked under their father's giant leg, and Simba looked up at Scar. "How could you two?" Asks Scar.

"We didn't mean it, there was wildebeest, he was trying to save us." Defends Simba, with his ears flattened. "What will your mother think? Sons who are the cause of their father's death?" Asks Scar. "What will we do?" Asks Simba, Kion slowly coming out of his hiding spot. "Run... run away, Simba and Kion, and never return." Hisses Scar. They ran away.