✾. 𝐫𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐞 .✾

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐨𝐯𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟑𝟎, 𝟏𝟗:𝟐𝟑 𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐨𝐯𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠
𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟑𝟎, 𝟏𝟗:𝟐𝟑 𝐞𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐲, 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲 rode in the Super-Cycle towards the small island the palace was placed upon.

✾✾✾

"Listen up. Bedlam is one of the most notorious meta-human trafficking syndicates on the planet. We now have intel that Bedlam's main base of operations is in Markovia. Artemis and I will fly commercially from Vlatava to Markovia under false passports. I suspect that whomever's behind Bedlam was most likely behind the assassination of the King and Queen, who had made it their mission to end meta-trafficking in Markovia. Bedlam may even be connected to the Royal Family."

"That's a bit of a stretch. Don't you think?" Lily asked as Dick began the briefing.

"Maybe, but it would explain how the assassins managed to get past heavy security, and into the palace. So while Lily, Conner, and Jeff fly the Super-Cycle under the radar and over the border with all our gear, Artemis and I will scope out the major players using hacked invitations to Prince Gregor's pre-coronation reception."

✾✾✾

"Nightwing. We've made the drop as planned. Your gear's in the northwest corner of the Markovian National Cemetery." Conner spoke into the comms as Lily finished putting on her mask.

"We'll head over to the Children's Hospital to check out its anomalous power usage."

"Roger that, Lightning. Good Luck." The comms shut off as they headed out.

When they arrived, they snuck around the back until they found a small window that lead to the lower level inside.

"It's wired to the alarm." Lightning told them as he touched the wall. Superboy brought out a small device that scanned the wire.

"Bypassed." They opened it up, quietly landing on the ground as they left the dark room. Lightning put his hand against the wall as they walked down the hall.

"Anything?" Lily asked him.

"Oh, yeah. They're using a lot of juice. This way." Lightning lead them over to a door, when Lily saw which room it was she looked to Lightning with a worried look.

"This is the Morgue?"

"You okay?" Lily questioned him with sympathy.

"Okay walking into the morgue of a children's hospital? No. I don't want to see anymore dead kids. Come on." Lightning sighed as he went in, the other two exchanging a glance before following him.

"No bodies. Which is good." Superboy told them, "So this is the place using too much power?"

"Nah. Whatever's behind this secret door is." Lightning corrected as he felt a brick wall.