✾. 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 .✾

𝐅𝐚𝐰𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏, 𝟗:𝟏𝟖 𝐞𝐝𝐭

𝐅𝐚𝐰𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐭 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏, 𝟗:𝟏𝟖 𝐞𝐝𝐭

"𝐋𝐢𝐥𝐲, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝. You haven't said a word about what happened on the mission the other night." Billy told the red-head as she moved her food around with her fork, "And you haven't eaten anything."

"I know. But we screwed up big time. We let them take eight kids, another meta-human was killed, and we picked up two of them. One of them being the newly exiled Prince of Markovia, and the girl doesn't remember anything, not even a second before Artemis found her. And we brought back the Royal Family's physician because Bedlam coerced her into meta-trafficking for god knows how long." She summed up rather quickly, aggressively stuffing a bite of food into her mouth.

"Lily, you can't take that failure upon yourself. You should know better than anyone that one person can't cause all the things that go wrong on a mission. The only thing you can do is wait until everyone figures out what to do next. I can tell you right now that you'll have the chance to save the eight kids that went missing. The League can't ignore something like that or just turn it down."

"But what if we don't?" Lily asked him with a worried look.

"We will."

"But what if-"

"Lily." Billy held onto her hand to get her attention, "We will. I promise."

There was a knock at the door, Lily getting up to open it, seeing the one person she really didn't want to see as of right now.

"What are you doing here, Dick?" She asked irritatedly.

"Okay, I know the other night was a bust."

"The other night was a disaster!" She yelled back.

"I know, I know! But just hear me out. Please?" He gave her a begging look, Lily let out a sigh before letting him inside.

"Okay, we have a serious redemption here. One small, tiny little op. Right in Star City. I've even got Roy and Jim on board, and then after this the plan is to go see Will. But I swear nothing will go wrong this time. And I know you hate failing so a successful mission might make you feel better, even if it's small. But I beg of you, please agree to this."

Lily didn't say anything as she went into the bedroom, closing the door behind her. Dick let out a defeated sigh before Billy held up a hand.

"Just give her a minute." He told him as they heard her muffled yelling. It sounded like she was screaming into a pillow.

"Does this happen a lot?" Dick asked.

"Only when she's really pissed off." Billy replied with an irritated tone and look, clearly directed toward Dick. He giving him a sheepish smile, putting his hands in his jacket as he bounced on his feet a little as he waited. Though he got kind of scared when the door opened again as Lily came back out.