It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop as Clark looked at Minerva. He studied her for a moment before saying "how about we go inside." The two walked inside the house meeting Martha. All three sat down as Clark nodded to Minerva "explain." 

"Ok," she nodded. "Amazons hate men after they were betrayed thousands of years ago. My mother is the queen of the Amazons who fell in love with Zeus and had me and my younger sister Diana." 

"Wait," Martha spoke up. "Greek gods are real?" 

"Oh yeah," Minerva nodded. "Most of the gods blessed me in some way, shape, or form giving me a lot of power which was hard to control. The gift from Lady Aphrodite the goddess of love was that I would have a soulmate and one that could allow me to continue going home. Someone who wasn't fully human. Someone who was an alien, Kryptonian to be exact." 

Clark nodded as Minerva continued "Aphrodite told my mother to send me when my soulmate needed me." Minerva looked at Clark "and I guess you need me now." 

Clark looked at Minerva "well, that explains the feelings I had for you since I saw you." She chuckled and nodded. By the time they finished talking all three realized that it was dark. 

Martha headed outside to sit on the steps while Clark and Minerva stayed inside watching tv and getting to know each other although it felt like they had known each other forever. Minerva who although had been isolated from the world since childhood automatically knew almost everything about it as a gift from Lord Apollo. 

It was then that the electricity in the house went off and the tv turned to static. Words and a voice appeared on the screen "you are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone." It was the same phrase repeated in different languages. Suddenly it stopped and a figure appeared "my name is General Zod." Minerva noticed Clark tense and knew from Clark's story about the fortress that this man was the reason for his status as an orphan. "I come from a world far from yours. I have journeyed across an ocean of stars to reach you." 

Minerva slipped her hand into Clark's already knowing that Zod was pissing him off.  He looked at Minerva gratefully "your world has sheltered one of my citizens. I request that you return this individual to my custody. For reasons unknown, he has chosen to keep his existence a secret from you. He will have made efforts to blend in. He will look like you, but he is not like you." Martha, Minerva, and Clark shared a look. "To those of you who may know of his current location... the fate of your planet rests in your hands. To Kal-El, I say this: surrender within twenty-four hours... or watch this world suffer the consequences." 

It went silent and the lights turned back on as Martha, Minerva, and Clark looked at each other. Clark sighed "I have to turn myself in." 

Minerva looked at him like he was insane "you want to turn yourself in to a psychotic war general who is the reason that you are an orphan?" 

Clark nodded "I have no choice." 

"Alright then," Minerva spoke making both Martha and Clark look at her. "I'm going with you." Clark nodded and they spent the rest of the night talking and continuing getting to know each other but no one could relieve the tension. 

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, a man with dark hair and black eyes had watched the broadcast. Well, he thought. It looks like it's finally time for me to meet Lady Pegasus. He looked down at the necklace in his hand. It was a pendant with the image of a phoenix on it. 

He clenched it in his fist before smirking as it started glowing red and a phoenix appeared behind him before engulfing him leaving the man in armor covered in images of a phoenix. He looked to the sky "Lady Pegasus, the son of Ares and the Phoenix Knight come for you. We can't wait to meet you." With that, he took off into the sky heading for Metropolis and Smallville where the Kryptonian along with his target was sure to be.