Clark shook his head to clear the dust from his eyes and the pain from his head. He listened to Zod "I was bred to be a warrior, Kal. Trained my entire life to master my senses. Where did you train? On a farm?" 

Clark watched as Zod let go of his heavy armor revealing the same suit Clark himself was wearing only all black. Clark was about to fly at him when something else slammed into Zod first. 

It knocked Zod all the way back into the wall. Clark paused and his eyes widened when he saw Minerva standing there. Minerva looked back at Clark on the ground before banging her gauntlets together causing a blast of blue energy to hit Zod square in the chest blasting him back. 

However, Zod was quickly up and landed a hit right to Minerva's ribs. Clark watched as she gritted her teeth before somersaulting out of the way. He watched as Minerva came up with her gauntlets to block the punch from Zod but was so exhausted from her fight with Landon that she didn't have much left in her. 

Zod blasted her back and she hit the concrete groaning and writhing in pain. Clark watched in horror as Zod advanced on her "maybe I should start with the love of your life considering you killed mine." 

Clark screamed "NO!" He looked at Minerva who was still struggling to get up "Minerva please baby, please get up." Minerva started to move but that alerted Zod who advanced on her again. He couldn't lose her. She was the last person on Earth he could survive without. So, Clark used all of his strength to slam into Zod and take him to the air away from Minerva. 

He battled with renewed strength as they slammed from building into building all the way out into space and onto a satellite. They then crashed into another building and landed on the ground still fighting. 

Clark locked his arm around Zod's neck restraining him. Zod noticed the people running to escape the building "if you love these people so much... you can mourn for them." Zod used his heat vision to blast the wall near people hiding. 

Clark watched as the heat moved closer and closer to them. "Don't do this Zod. Stop." Zod refused to stop and so Clark made a choice one that he hoped he would never have to make again. He closed his eyes and yanked his arms breaking Zod's neck. 

He watched Zod fall before falling to his knees himself. He had killed someone and the first person he had killed was someone from his planet. He then remembered why he had gotten so angry in the first place "Minerva." 

He flew back to the roof where Minerva and Zod had fought to find Minerva sitting against the wall. Minerva looked as he landed and smiled. She had allowed her armor to disappear and was now in normal clothes. 

Clark rushed to her and pulled her into his arms "you scared the shit out of me." She chuckled and leaned closer into him. "Zod is dead." 

Minerva looked up at him "what happened?" 

"I saw him advance on you to try and kill you and I just lost it." Clark started "we crashed into a building where Zod used his heat vision to threaten a group of humans. I had to snap his neck to stop him." 

Minerva nodded and hugged him "you did what you had to do. I'm just glad that we're both ok." 

Months later, the general and one of his crew are driving back to the base when a surveillance equipment lands in front of them. Clark and Minerva stand behind it. The general walked up to them "are you f-ing stupid?" 

Clark crossed his arms over his chest "it's one of your surveillance drones." 

"That's a 12 million dollar piece of hardware." 

Minerva chuckled "it was"  

Clark snorted "we know you're trying to find out where we hang our capes. You won't." 

"Then I'll ask the obvious question," Clark and Minerva looked at each other as the general spoke. "How do we know you two won't one day act against America's interests?" 

Clark rolled his eyes "I grew up in Kansas, general. I'm bout as American as it gets." He shared a look with Minerva who nodded "Look, Lady Pegasus and I are here to help... but it has to be on our own terms. And you have to convince Washington of that." 

The general sighed "even if I were willing to try, what makes you think they'd listen?" 

Clark shook his head "I don't know general, guess we'll just have to trust you." Minerva laughed as she and Clark both took off into the sky. 

They landed at the Kent farm that night, Minerva looked at her boyfriend "do you really think they'll trust us?" 

"They have to," Clark spoke reassuring his girlfriend. 

"I hope you're right," Minerva spoke. "Because all we need is some crazy ass millionaire vigilante trying to kill you." Clark chuckled and they both settled against the couch in normal clothes and turned on the tv. 

Author's Note: 

That's the end of Man of Steel. Up next Superman vs Batman in what has to be one of the stupidest battles ever.