Bruce Wayne had a tragic life from seeing his mother and father get killed in an alley to realizing that he was an orphan. He refused to get close to people choosing instead to hide in the shadows like a bunch of bats. 

In Metropolis as Superman and Lady Pegasus were battling for their lives and the lives of the people in the city, Bruce Wayne ran to the building where he owned and watched as it came down with his friends inside. 

Bruce ran into the cloud of dust and everything went silent. He noticed people walking around before finding people from his buildings and saving as many people as possible. Suddenly they heard sonic booms and Bruce looked up to see two figures fighting in the air. One in red and blue and the other in black. 

18 months later, in the Indian Ocean, a couple of divers find and pull up the remains of the machine that Clark Kent had defeated. They bring it to a beach where a man cracks it open discovering a glowing green rock. 

Meanwhile, in the senate, a woman spoke "the women in the village heard a noise. Like the sky cracked open. He came down. So many dead. Even worse came after, the government attacked, with no mercy on the villages." The woman started to cry as the senators looked sympathetic "my parents tried to run, but." 

Senator Finch spoke, "the world has been so caught up with what Superman can do that no one has asked what he should do." She paused "let it be known that this committee holds him responsible." 

The woman scoffed "He doesn't answer to you. I doubt he even answers to god." 

Meanwhile, in Metropolis, Minerva grabbed the mail as she entered the apartment building before taking the elevator up to the apartment she shared with her boyfriend Clark Kent otherwise known as Superman. 

Clark looked at her as she walked into the apartment "how are you doing?"

"Not good," Minerva spoke. "I don't know what it is but I keep having these really bad feelings that something bad is going to happen." 

Clark knew that Minerva's feelings were not to be ignored especially when it was a bad one. He pulled her closer to him "whatever happens, we will deal with it. Together. I'm not leaving you or letting you go at any point."

Minerva smiled at Clark. She wondered how in the world she had gotten so lucky, especially considering the Amazons had a history of being betrayed by men. As Minerva lay against Clark on the couch she couldn't help but think about how much she missed her sister. 

Diana had been her best friend. Even though Minerva was older, Diana was the one who was more protective of her. When Diana left, Minerva spent hours crying and begging her sister to come back to her. She was terrified that she would never see her sister again.  

She shook her head out of her thoughts and pulled Clark to the bed. Needless to say, she was happy that she was the daughter of a god because Clark did not play around. 

Clark made eggs the next morning as he listened to the news. "A sex trafficker was found branded by the Gotham bat." 

Minerva walked in and looked at the screen "what the hell kind of name is the Gotham Bat?" 

Clark snorted at his girlfriend's sarcastic comments. The new anchor spoke again, "this is the second person to have a bat mark on him. The first one, a child predator ended up dead in prison. It seems this bat brand is a death sentence in prison." 

He stared at the screen more specifically at the burn mark in the shape of a bat. He had a bad feeling that this bat was not all there in the head.  He wondered what would happen if they ever met. As they seemed to have very different ideas of what justice meant. 

Clark was brought out of his thoughts by Minerva "what the hell?" He looked and on the screen was the statue they had built for him after the battle with Zodd. On its normally clean concrete were the red words False God. 

Clark stared at it having a sinking feeling that the world wasn't exactly comfortable with having a Kryptonian around. He only hoped that they wouldn't turn on the Amazon next to him either.