Lex Luthor was pissed and it was easy to see. 

He looked at Clark ignoring Minerva completely "I cannot let you win. I gave the Bat a fighting chance to do it, but he was not strong enough. If man cannot kill god..." Lex turned around "then the devil must." 

Minerva and Clark looked at each other not exactly sure what to make of Lex Luthor and his crazy mind. They were brought out of their thoughts by a machine making sounds. Minerva looked at the machine and it looked like it was rising which made her step back a little. 

Clark reached out and grabbed her hand knowing that she was sensing something was wrong. They both stared at the machine which seemed to absorb electricity as all of the lights went out in the entire city of Metropolis. 

Lex sounded excited "ancient Kryptonian deformity." Clark and Minerva looked at each other. Having a really bad feeling that this was not going to end well for anyone. "Blood of my blood," Lex ripped off the bandage that was hiding a cut on his hand. 

It was then that Clark and Minerva both noticed that something was trying to come out of what looked like an egg membrane. Both superheroes stepped back a bit just in awe of how such a monster could be created. "Born to destroy you." Lex continued looking not at all phased. "Your doomsday." 

Clark pushed Minerva behind him not willing to lose his soulmate as the monster finally broke through the membrane that it was hidden behind. The thing was around ten feet tall and it was covered in grey sludge. Clark stared at the thing while making sure that Minerva was behind him. Lex stared at his creation "now the gods are as good as dead." 

Doomsday roared as Minerva and Clark immediately flew up to combat it. They tore through the roof of the blimp and landed on the hard ground. Both Minerva and Clark groaned already not liking how this was going. They watched as Doomsday stood up almost like nothing had phased the thing. 

Clark flew toward it again and was batted back almost like a fly as Minerva yelled "Clark!" Doomsday tried to slam a slab of concrete onto Clark but Minerva shook her head and blasted it to pieces. Doomsday growled at them before picking her up and throwing her into a building miles away. 

The monster then jumped to Lexcorp tower as Clark and Minerva struggled to regain their feet. Clark flew into the air at the same time as Minerva. Clark immediately looked her over "are you alright?" 

She nodded "I'm fine. But I have a feeling that this is just the beginning." 

Clark nodded as both watched as the more power they threw at the thing it became even more powerful. A massive explosion suddenly blasted through the air as Doomsday roared. Clark and Minerva looked at each other and nodded. Together they grabbed Doomsday and drove him higher and higher into space. 

Minerva suddenly felt the heat from the ground and gasped in shock as she watched nukes come from the ground. Clark and Minerva held Doomsday still as the nuke came at them. The explosion was enough to knock all three beings out of the sky and into the water as they fell. 

Diana and Bruce who were both watching and coming to their aid gasped in horror and shock as they watched an Amazon goddess and Superman fall into the ocean. Diana prayed to every god she knew that her sister was still alive while Bruce prayed to gods he didn't believe in that they were both okay. 

Minerva and Clark focused on Doomsday but their eyes widened in horror as they watched Doomsday absorb the energy from the nuclear blasts. He let a blast out again and the two superheroes watched as it destroyed Metropolis. It was then that the two heard the sound of Batman's ship. 

They turned and watched as Batman joined them before being taken down by Doomsday. They had noticed that Batman had led it back to Gotham. As Doomsday got ready to blast Batman to smithereens when Minerva jumped in front to absorb it with her gauntlets. Except she wasn't the only one that did. When the fire cleared, her younger sister was standing right next to her in her Wonder Woman gear.