The Gotham weather seemed to reflect the mood as it was pouring down rain. Clark stopped and stared at the dreary city and the glowy eyes of none other than Bruce Wayne. He fell to the ground with a thud and looked at the armor that Bruce was wearing. 

Clark sighed knowing that talking to Bruce when he was this angry was not going to get anything done. Clark looked at Bruce "we don't have time for this." However, as soon as Clark stepped forward a screaming sound hit his ears which were already sensitive enough. 

He braced before taking a sewer covering and broke it in half before throwing it in either direction taking out the things that were making noise. Clark looked at Bruce with a really expression before walking to him and barely pushing him making the bat fly backward about twenty feet. 

Bruce glared at Superman before motioning to the guns which rose and shot rapid fire at the so-called god. Clark barely flinched before hovering in the air and taking the guns out with his lasers. He looked at Batman as the bat slowly got to his feet weighed down by his bruises and all of his armor. 

Clark landed on the ground again and marched toward Bruce looking every bit the demon Bruce was so terrified he would become. Clark broke into a run and launched himself at the bat taking him halfway up a building and onto the roof. Batman crashed through the skylight and then landed hard on the roof. He groaned as Superman landed on the roof across from him. Bruce started to get up and heard "stay down! If I wanted it you'd be dead already." 

Clark knew before Bruce took a grenade out of his armor that Bruce wasn't going to stop. As Bruce threw the grenade and it exploded into smoke, Clark sped past it only to stop and turn around to see Batman holding a crossbow. Before Clark could blink Bruce had shot the arrow at him. Clark caught it but as it exploded, it exploded with green powder. Kryptonite. 

Clark fell to his knees and gasped for air as Bruce took advantage throwing him through the floor. He crashed hard and braced for another blow to the head but felt nothing so he looked to see Bruce who was moving slower because of his armor and grabbed his leg before hurling him through a wall trying to create some separation. 

Batman landed hard as Superman took a breather. They both slowly stood up and ran at each other clashing in a fury of metal and spandex. Batman pushed Superman against the wall and punched him over and over becoming confused when Superman did not show any reaction to being hit. 

Bruce backed up from Clark who had had enough of this. He rose into the air and launched himself at Bruce taking them both down a level as they crashed through the floor. Clark didn't give Bruce a second to breathe as he picked Bruce up and launched him through the concrete walls until Bruce fell on the floor groaning in pain. 

Clark rushed at him as Bruce loaded his gun but it was too late. Clark knocked half of the mask off of Batman but Bruce had managed to shoot another Kryptonite arrow. Clark choked on it as Batman took advantage once more. For five minutes straight Batman beat the hell out of Superman even with pieces of concrete before dragging him to the pile of rubble. 

Batman didn't waste any time and landed on top of Superman using his foot to keep him down. He then grabbed the Kryptonite spear before lowering it to Superman's neck. Superman looked up at him "find Lex and save Martha." 

Batman looked at Superman both angry and confused "why did you say that name?" 

Superman was too weak to answer but someone else did. "It's his mother's name." Both heroes turned to see Minerva Prince standing there, she looked at Superman "Clark." 

She rushed to him as he smiled weakly "I'm alright." Bruce meanwhile was stuck in the memories of the past including who his mother was. He looked at Superman in front of him and the Kryptonite spear before moving the spear away from Superman's neck and launching it far away. 

Bruce reached forward and helped Clark up as he spoke weakly "Luthor, he wanted your life for hers." 

Minerva jumped in "the scout ship seems to be drawing power from the city. It's gotta be Lex." 

Bruce looked at Clark "they need you two on that ship. I'll find your mother." Clark looked hesitant but Bruce looked at him "I'll make you a promise. Martha won't die tonight." 

Clark looked at Bruce for a minute before nodding as Bruce stepped back heading off to find Clark's mother. Clark turned to look at Minerva "you don't have to do this." 

She scoffed "yes, I do." She moved closer to him. "Lex annoys the crap out of me plus he nearly got you killed. The least he deserves is to be punched in the face." Clark chuckled as within seconds Minerva allowed the Pegasus to cover her in armor. Her sword appeared strapped to her side and her wings appeared on her back. They both nodded to each other before taking a running start and then leaping into the air. 

Bruce flew through the city thinking about how much he currently despised Lex Luthor. He locked onto the warehouse that Lex was keeping Clark's mother in, taking all of the Russians out and saving Martha. 

Meanwhile, Clark and Minerva landed in the scout ship in front of Lex. The man wasn't facing them and spoke: "Late, late." He turned around as both Minerva and Clark straightened up. "Out of tricks, out of time. And one Bat head short." 

The phone started ringing as Clark and Minerva glared at the idiot in front of them. Lex moved to the phone "hello. Break the bad news." 

Clark hid it but he was holding his breath hoping that Bruce had gotten there in time. He let out a small sigh of relief when Bruce's voice came through the phone "I'd rather do the breaking in person." 

Clark and Minerva smiled at each other as Lex jolted back in shock. Clark looked at Lex "you've lost."  

Author's Note: 

This chapter may feel a little rushed with the fight but I cannot lengthen that fight considering it was one of the stupidest fights in the history of fights and that's saying a lot.