nine.

after spending the rest of his night packing and basically stressing over what to bring for a week's vacation—making sure he didn't miss or forget anything—he finally finished.

even though he gained something by staying up all night, like finishing a little bit of his school work that he didn't want to stress about over the break and packing the things he needed for the vacation, he did miss sleep, like a lot.

now here he is, standing in front of jeno's van, together with four other sleepy heads—jeno not being included in that count as he was too excited to even feel sleep inside him—contemplating whether this vacation is even worth it or if he has to back out and stay in his bed for a week.

when they all loaded their bags at the back of the vehicle, and as they settled themselves in that's where he realized that jeno got a personal driver for this trip. how rich is this man? donghyuck thought to himself.

with donghyuck not being close to everyone, he kind of distanced himself from them and stayed beside jaemin the whole time. he even asked the younger to sit next to him.

he's surprised that he somewhat managed jeno to approve of this. i mean, jeno and jaemin are basically glued every single time he sees them. they may not say it but donghyuck's well aware that something is going on between them two.

although he still thinks that the older was just doing him a favor because even though he let him sit next to jaemin for the rest of the trip, he can a feel a gaze on him every so often. it's like someone is watching his every move just because he was sitting next to him but it's obviously just because jeno wanted to sit next to jaemin.

when he finally felt like jeno averted his gaze away from him, he nudged the sleepy male beside him. "jaemin." he whispered, yet loud enough to stir the younger from his sleep. "hey, jaemin."

"what do you want?" with his eyes still closed, jaemin responded.

"i think jeno's mad at me." he said as his eyes remained at jeno from afar, "he's been looking at me this whole time, and i know it's because he wanted to sit next to you."

"you're crazy." was the only thing the younger said before drifting back to his sleep.

and just as donghyuck predicted it, jeno once again turned his head around to look at him. he took this as a queue to look away and pretended like he was looking outside the window.

he sighed and looked around for unoccupied seats. he knows that renjun and yangyang are sitting behind them, so he looks to the other side of the vehicle and sees an empty seat next to hendery.

just as he was about to leave his seat, jeno appeared in front of him, "you can sit here if you want." he said. he didn't even wait for what the male was about to say as he already knew what he had come here for.

"a-are you sure?" jeno rubbed his nape awkwardly as he looked away. was i too obvious? he thought to himself.

"yup!" donghyuck only shoots him a nervous smile before grabbing his things and went over to an empty seat he was looking at earlier.

and immediately after he left his seat, jeno already took his spot. this only made him release a breathy laugh. he knew jeno too well and they're not even that close.

"um... hi?" donghyuck started as he went over to hendery's, "do you mind if i sit here?"

the latter's eyes widened, but he tried to keep his cool, "sure!" hendery responded, looking away as soon as possible as he felt like his face was getting hot. he also realized that this meant donghyuck would be sitting next to him for the whole ride. that thought is not helping him, as his face is probably so red right now.