6

"But it seems Amun, the girl clinging to you is Demetri's true mate," Aro starts. Shit. Amun thinks. You were confused, you'd never have thought your true mate would've been Demetri, you had been told about him; the famous tracker who could find anyone, through tenors in their minds even if he hadn't met them before. "I'd like to meet her Amun, she'll be joining my coven as Demetri's mate, you know what would happen if you chose to keep them apart," Aro snarls as Amun does nothing. "Amun," you state softly. 

Oh, how Demetri loved your voice, so soft and melodic, like his favourite song. It was his new favourite sound—your angelic voice.

You and Amun started walking over to Aro. By now, Alice, Jasper, and the two from Brazil were over with family introducing everyone and explaining why they left. 

Demetri's gaze never left Amun or yourself, ready to pounce in order to get to his true mate, his protectiveness coming out. "Hello, Amun. How wonderful, that Demetri has found his true mate, what is your name young one?" Aro questions. "T-," you start but get cut off by Amun, who snarls out, "Say nothing, understand?!" You meekly nod, scared. Amun's lessons to you in the past were enough to make you scared of what his punishments could be. Demetri, however, is enraged by how his true mate, flinched at his maker's and most likely her maker's tone. He lets out a low growl so powerful even Aro looks surprised, the Cullen witnesses are too scared, despite not even being involved. 

"Amun, she will be joining my coven, your name young one," Aro says calmly, but the message is clear, Thea will be joining her true mate. Still scared of Amun, you look at him through the corner of your eye who nods, eyes still wide. "T-Thea," you softly state. "Ah, young Thea, may I?" Aro questions holding out his hand. You place his hand in his and your human life and vampire life flashes through your eyes. While this is happening, Demetri is stuck thinking about how she has such a beautiful name to match her beautiful looks and butterfly-like personality. Thea. Goddess. What a true meaning of her name, Greek as well. He despised Amun for the reaction of his goddess. Scared, panicked, fearful. His mate should never have had to feel those emotions ever again, he was going to make sure of it. He was also ignoring the aching in his chest telling him, begging him to touch her and hug her, protect her for all eternity. But he had to keep himself refrained and professional. "Ahhh, young Thea will you be joining us in Volterra?" Aro questions. You know you don't have a choice, but it didn't matter, you wanted to be with your mate and to get away from Amun. "Yes," you softly state.

(480 Words)