Chapter 17: Start of jealousy

Jealous? Who? ME of course..

"Dew??"

The voice came out as a shock.. Nanon couldn't believe his eyes that were towards the new boy.

His bestfriend, partner-in-crime, the one who basically grew up with him was standing there infront of him after so many years.

The boy smiled seeing the face that was still trying to proceed everything.

"It's really you, Non.. H-How are you?"

Nanon came out of his shocked phase and instantly hugged him tight.

"I-I can't believe it.. You- Where were you all this time."

Not hearing any reply, they broke the hug and Nanon saw him smiling sadly.

"My mom... She got a very rare disease and for her operation, we flew off to America. I-I left my mobile here and I didn't have anyone's contact."

Nanon couldn't believe it. Dew's mother was like his own and she saw him grow up..

She was like a mother figure to him and hearing her getting admitted to some unknown hospital in some unknown country, he felt a pang in chest.

"H-How is she? Is she okay? Is she here, too? Or in Chiang Mai? Did mom know about this?"

Nanon bombarded him in questions while Dew just stood there not saying anything.

A part of him was happy seeing Nanon care about his family so much, still as before but a part of him wanted to cry out knowing the reason.

"S-She.. She didn't make it. S-She died some months ago." He had tears in his eyes by now. Nanon stood there in shock..

He didn't know how to reply this. She was dead? He again hugged Dew tightly who was controlling his tears.

"I-I am so sorry.. I-I should have been there for you." Nanon also controlled his tears that were fighting to fall off.

Both of them were still in each other's embrace, not letting go of each other.

Unknown to them, there was someone looking at the scene with burning eyes.

.

.

.

.

After some minutes, they broke the hug looking at each other.

"I missed you, Non" Dew said softly.

Nanon just smiled softly and playfully slapped his shoulder. "I didn't miss you at all."

Dew rolled his eyes and pinched his cheeks..

"Really.. cuz someone was crying in my shoulder some minutes ago. Oh- look there are some stains, too."

"Stop it, idiot. You are making fun of me." Nanon pouted slapping away his hands.

Dew laughed looking at Nanon sulking.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" Dew asked Nanon while picking up documents from the floor.

"Secretary of Mr. Pawat.. I was an intern here who got the job permanently then got promoted a month ago." Nanon stated proudly smiling at him.

"What about you? I didn't see you before."

"Oh- I am an intern starting today.." Dew said showing his documents.

His smile faded away realizing something..

"We promised each other that we would start it together.. but-"