Part 7: Fulfilling an old promise

7

7. Fulfilling an old promise

"What are you talking about," the Seeker asks confusedly. "What promise? I didn't promise anything to you."

A flock of Thirty birds is flying through the sky, chirping a song of foreboding calmness. Their harmonious tune, like the prelude of a powerful symphony.

The mysterious stranger grins.

"Long, long time ago, there was a promise made. That after roaming around for centuries, being lost in the darkness, we will find a path. That we'll pave a way of love and light. That the old flame that has been burning in our eyes will be rekindled again. That the broken shall be pieced together, that the hidden shall be revealed, that the lost shall be found again.

A forgotten memory, hidden deep inside of you. Like a beautiful dream, which you can't remember. Like an itch in an unreachable area. Like the melody of a song you are trying to remember. You can't grasp it. You can't express it with words... But there's this knowing... Isn't there? Since your childhood you have been searching for it, haven't you?"

The orchestra of birds is singing their rising hymn in unison. Their song echoes through the forest, getting louder and louder, increasing in strength by each passing minute.

 Their song echoes through the forest, getting louder and louder, increasing in strength by each passing minute

"You are talking nonsense," the Seeker shouts nervously. "You don't know me. You don't know anything about me... So stop trying to get me confused!"

"Oh man," the mysterious stranger sighs. "Did you really forget everything? Come on, remember what I told you, when we met in your dreams."

The symphony of the birds is nearing its crescendo. The flock of bis spreads out, as each bird lands on a tree. Their rhythm, coming ever closer to its climax.