「 𝟑 」Star Mentors

chapter three; STAR MENTORS
23rd december 2023

chapter three; STAR MENTORS23rd december 2023

"Shit..." Coriolanus mumbled as Flickerman called out. "You two, in red! What are you doing in the cage?" He got no response. Both Annie and Coriolanus froze on the spot. "Can they hear me in there?" Lucky turned to the cameraman. Coriolanus and Lucy Gray walked hand in hand toward the cameras. Annie stood there at the back, unsure what to do.

She didn't get the chance earlier to give out the stuff so she had time to do it now. "Treech," she said. The boy stopped looking around and turned to her. She turned her back to the camera before opening the bag. Two buns and two water bottles was handed to him. "For you, and Lamina." Annie said before running off to Coriolanus. "Well, isn't it Annie Lue?" Lucky Flickerman exclaimed. Annie put on a big smile while nodding. "It sure is!"

"Well it's unfortunate I couldn't talk much with you Ms. Lue, because it's seems like you two are about to be whisked away!" Lucky laughed. Some peacekeepers had entered and was coming towards them.

They were grabbed away. Annie heard the peacekeeper who was taking her whisper. "What the heck are you doing in there?" Annie recognized the voice to belong to her brother. "I was gonna welcome them with food and water." she explained while shrugging. Aden scoffed.

Annie's hands were shaking as they were about to enter their classroom. Coriolanus was anxious as well but didn't show. They both opened the doors, leading to their classroom. It was quiet as they walked to their assigned seats.

"Your little excursion was in violation of about five different academy rules, Snow and Lue." Highbottom stated, not even bothering to look up from his papers. "Amongst them, endangering capitol citizens." he sighed.

"What who?" they both asked. "Yourselves." Dean said. "I'm asking the game makers to disqualify you both as mentors immediately." he continued. "You can't do that," Annie let out a chuckle of disbelief. Now that she was determined to be a mentor and help Treech, they were just gonna disqualify her?

"You said we had to get our tributes to perform, not that we had to stay away." Coriolanus complained. "Holding her hand Coryo? Introducing her to people?" Arachne scoffed. "Even Annie didn't do something like that and she is district." Annie glared at the girl with the childish pigtails.

"You made it look as if we're one of the same as those animals." she rolled her eyes. "They didn't show those people anything they didn't already know," Sejanus joined into the discussion.

"I don't need your help, Sejanus." Coriolanus words were harsh. Annie felt herself shrink into the seat. "The tributes are human beings just like us. That's why nobody wants to watch the games. It's because people know deep down that winning a war ten years ago doesn't justify starving people's children, taking away their freedoms, their rights-"