「 𝟕 」In The Bathroom

chapter seven; IN THE BATHROOM
26th december 2023

Inside, on the other side of the peacekeeper and tribute, Annie and Treech stood together

Inside, on the other side of the peacekeeper and tribute, Annie and Treech stood together. She turned on the sink and let it run. "Do you know how much time we have before you're on?" Annie turned to Treech. "An hour," he answered. "Perfect!" the girl smiled. "Take off your shirt." Annie told him. He paused, wondering if he had heard her right

The boy became all flustered. He even struggled to take off the shirt so Annie had to reach over and help him. He then stood there with a bare upper body. Treech blushed and tried holding his hands in front of him. Annie put the dirty shirt under the sink, rinsing it.

"If we're lucky, it will be completely dry when we're done here." Annie said, letting the shirt dry over the heater. She motioned for him to come over to the sink. She made a bowl with her hands and splashed the water on his face. He gasped while she laughed. The grin on her face made Treech feel something inside. He couldn't bear to remember the fact that tomorrow he might never see her again. Treech cupped his hands and splashed Annie back. He had a feeling she might be mad about it but all she did was smile.

The two splashed water on each other, not caring that Annie was in a dress and had gotten her make up done. "Come on you gotta wash your face," Annie laughed taking some paper towels. She wet them before bringing them to Treech's face. The boy stared at her, Annie felt shy under his gaze. She cleaned his face with the paper, which made him look much cleaner already. "I think you look good." she announced. "Thank you," he grinned.

"Put on your shirt and we'll go back out." Annie said before she grabbed the shirt who was now dry. He slipped it on and looked in the mirror. The black curls were messy on his head, so he brung his fingers up and tried fixing them. Making them look neat. Then he put on his hat, and with that he was ready. Annie walked to the bathroom door and unlocked it.

"The door is so thick, I can't hear any—" Lamina said just as the door opened. Aden and Lamina stumbled from where they had just leaned their heads. "What are you doing?" Treech asked shocked. Lamina's expression changed quickly at the sight of Treech. She remembered that he had left her for Coral's pack. "We were wondering what you were doing in there." Aden looked at Lamina before turning to the two others.

Annie froze, realizing how weird it must've looked. She crossed her fingers hoping that no one else saw her going in with her tribute. "No one else saw it did they?" Annie questioned. Her brother shook his head while Lamina shrugged. "Let's go back. The interviews might start soon." Aden said. The three followed after the boy in uniform. Awkward silence flooded over them.

Near stage, not many tributes stood waiting for their interview to start. Most tributes didn't want to go. Only Coral, Lucy Gray, Treech, and two others came for their interview. Lucy Gray sat in a chair, tuning the guitar in her hand. Coral stood spinning her fake trident. Doing tricks with it. The two others just sat there in silence. They were most likely just going to talk to Lucky. Like Treech is going to do as well.

Aden separated from the group to stand on his designated spot due to his peacekeeper job. Annie sat down next to Pup Harrington. He had decided to come even though Lamina wasn't going to be interviewed. "You look good Ms. Lue," Pup said in a posh voice. "I could say the same about you Pup Harrington." she returned the manner, motioning to his navy blue suit. "How's your shoulder?" he asked looking at the bandage.

"Kinda aches, but I'm fine thanks." She really appreciated his concern. Treech stood further away from the two mentors. Next to him was Lamina. He glanced over at her. He was hesitating. He wanted to say something. "I'm sorry, Lamina," he said catching her attention. "That I can't alliance with you."

"Why can't you?" her voice started shaking slightly. "Coral's pack would kill me first if I didn't join them." Treech reasoned. Lamina knew it was true. He would definitely be on top if Coral's kill list next to Lucy Gray. "I promise that I won't hurt you." he said, finally turning around to her. Lamina looked at him and smiled softly, but there were tears in her eyes threatening to spill.

"I wish there was a way we both could live." Lamina sniffled. Treech nodded, he really wished so too. He had started to feel close with Lamina, after all these days they've spent in the cage together. "Do you like Annie?" Lamina asked, startling Treech. He didn't even get the chance to reply before she spoke again. "Because I think she likes you." Treech was surprised, he and Annie haven't had much time together.

Though Annie might be a girl that catches feelings fast, he thought. "She's really nice, but I'm not sure." Treech spoke. He didn't understand what he was feeling for the girl.

Did he like her or did he just like the thought of someone caring for him when being in the capitol?

His eyes shifted over to Annie. He did find her beautiful as well. Soon people started getting called up to the stage. The richest districts went first. As Coral walked down the stairs with a smug smile and a fake trident in her hand, Annie shot up from her seat. She went over to where Lamina and Treech stood. "It's your turn. How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm fine," he said nodding while looking forward. A peacekeeper stalked his way over. He gently pushed Treech up the stairs. Annie watched him put on a smile just as he entered the stage. She couldn't watch from behind stage, so she paced back and forth hoping it would go well. And that the audience will sponsor him. She did hear the audience laughing and cheering a few times, which eased her nerves. Lucy Gray was told to get up and be ready.

Treech came back and pulled Annie in for a hug. "It worked, I think they loved me." he cheered. "That's amazing!" she exclaimed happily. Lucy Gray's singing was heard from stage as Annie and Treech stared into each other's eyes. Annie could see small specks of brown in his green eyes. The girl's thoughts started to wander.

What is this feeling?

The girl questioned herself. She's never felt something like this before. And she wasn't quite sure if she liked it. Treech and the rest of the tributes were then taken away by peacekeepers. Back to the zoo they went. Pup offered Annie a ride, which she gladly accepted. Together they rode home in his car, talking about their opinions on the games. Annie was happy to know they were on the same page. Finally she considered Pup Harrington as a friend.

୨୧          AUTHORS NOTE          ୨୧Whenever I try making cute moments I end up cringing at them, but did you guys like this chapter?Because I didn't :|

Whenever I try making cute moments I end up cringing at them, but did you guys like this chapter?
Because I didn't :|

Btw so I am just gonna let you know that some of the deaths will be different than in the movie. I'm changing them to make it fit the plot!