「 𝟏𝟏 」Not Enjoying The Show

chapter eleven; NOT ENJOYING THE SHOW
18th january 2024

chapter eleven; NOT ENJOYING THE SHOW 18th january 2024

The car was slowing down. Annie knew they had arrived. The doors opened, and the two got out. When walking towards the entrance they passed Aden. Annie hadn't seen him since yesterday. He seemed confused. "Woah, what are you doing here?" he asked his sister. "I'm getting Sejanus out." she replied. The arena doors opened slowly. And the two academy teens entered.

Aden hurried over to his fellow workers. "Why is my sister going in there?" he demanded to know. "Dr. Gaul told her too." one answered. Aden huffed. He walked away, to contact Darlene who must wonder where Annie was.

Coriolanus and Annie walked through. Trying to be as quiet as possible. Annie's foot was aching, hopefully they wouldn't have to run. She jumped carefully over the turnstiles. Preventing it from speaking. Though unfortunately, so didn't Coriolanus remember the robotic voice that spoke every time someone entered. He went right through it.

"Enjoy the show!"

Annie spun around. Glaring at the stupidness of the boy. They stopped for a moment. Trying to hear any of the tributes. Annie waited to Coriolanus was at her side before continuing. The sound of stepping on rocks made Sejanus turn around. "I thought they'd send my ma," he said. "Yeah, I was they had." Coriolanus said back, taking many breaths. Sejanus got up. "You need to go." he said. "We're not leaving without you," Annie said. "Yes, but I'd like to. I really would. But we promised to get you out." Coriolanus spoke.

"Why?" Sejanus asked. "Because you're our friend," Annie said. "I had to do this. I had to go where the cameras are." Sejanus said, his voice becoming more shaky. Annie looked around the arena as the boys continued talking. She noticed an untouched water bottle on the floor. She grabbed it in her hands and looked up the beam. Lamina had woken up, and she had grabbed her axe. "You need to decide, right now." Coriolanus told Sejanus.

"Lamina," Annie whispered, hoping to make the girl hear. Lamina turned to where she heard her name. Annie ran over and climbed up the beam. "Water." she reached out for her to take. "Thank you Annie." Lamina said. "Anytime," Annie said before jumping down. She hissed in pain as her feet hit the ground. The boys hurried over to Annie. A loud bang came from the tunnels.

"Go." Lamina warned them. But they were frozen in the spot. Not even Annie's pulling could make the budge. "We're dead if we don't leave right now. Come with us. Spend your father's money. Do some real good. Or just be another dead body in Dr. Gaul's world." Coriolanus whispered to Sejanus. "Please, trust me." he said grabbing the side of Sejanus's head.

A war cry came from the tunnels as Bobbin ran out. "Go! Go!" both Annie and Coriolanus shouted. Pushing each other to run faster. Sejanus looked back but his friend pushed him forward. Bobbin ran quickly behind. The three in front clinged to each others. Not wanting to be left behind.

Reaching the turnstiles, Sejanus tried jumping over but fell. The boy screamed in pain as a sickening crack came from his leg. The two others hurried to his side. Coriolanus dragged him up, but Sejanus could barely manage to stand on his own.

"Enjoy the show!"

Bobbin came through the turnstiles. Swinging his sword-like weapon at them. He hit Annie. She hissed and grabbed the open wound on her leg. It wasn't too deep, but blood was slowly flowing out. Coriolanus fell to the floor, next to him laid a piece of rubble stuck to a metal stick. He grabbed it and slammed it into Bobbin. The district boy backed away slightly before swinging his sword again. Annie grabbed a rock and threw it at him. Unfazed by Annie's attempt to hurt him, he sliced Coriolanus's back.

Coriolanus yelled. Just before hitting Bobbin repeatedly in the head. Even when he was on the floor — most likely dead — Coriolanus didn't stop. Both Annie and Sejanus stared in fear. Annie got up quickly, about to check up on Bobbin. She didn't want to kill him. She didn't want Coriolanus to kill him. The boy was strong, he could have had a chance of going home.

Footsteps running broke the silence. They all breathed heavily watching as the pack came closer. Annie smiled, seeing Treech being completely fine. Coriolanus grabbed her arm. They stumbled backwards. Taking a run for it. "Come on get up!" Sejanus was pulled up from the ground and limped-ran towards the gate.

"Move it!" Coral shouted.

"Open the gate!" Coriolanus pleaded. "Open the gate!" Sejanus repeated. The three got out. Coral's trident smashed into the bars. She angrily hit it on the bar, screaming. "Watch the screens, gorgeous," she said, face red. "Because I may have missed you tonight. But your songbird is next on my list." she threatened Coriolanus.

Annie looked over at Treech, who breathed heavily. He was already looking at her. But he gave her a weird look. Confusion was plastered on his face. Treech noticed the bruise on her face. It wasn't there last night. When she came to meet him at the zoo.

Had Bobbin done that? He questioned himself.

He wanted to ask her, but there wasn't time. Treech knew he would die in this arena. He knew he wouldn't see Annie ever again. So he had to tell her. Tell her what he felt. "Annie—" he was stopped by a peacekeeper, telling him to step away. "But—" Treech was cut off once again. This time the peacekeeper raised his gun and pointed it at him. Treech slowly backed up. While looking at Annie, one last time.

୨୧          AUTHORS NOTE          ୨୧It's more fun to make edits and video's instead of writing tbh (sorry this is so short btw)

It's more fun to make edits and video's instead of writing tbh
(sorry this is so short btw)