「 𝟒 」A Bloody Bottle

chapter four; A BLOODY BOTTLE
25th december 2023

When lunch break came around, Annie didn't bother staying

When lunch break came around, Annie didn't bother staying. She went right to the zoo. The brown bag hanging on her shoulder was clutched in her hand the whole time. Families stood all around looking at the tributes. Annie walked all the way over to the bars. "Treech!" she called out not seeing him anywhere.

"He went to the toilet along with some others." Lamina came up to the bars. "You're actually allowed to go? I thought the peacekeepers wouldn't let you?" Annie said confused. All the time she had assumed the tributes weren't allowed to go out of the cage.

"There's this one peacekeeper that's extremely nice. He convinced all the others. His excuse was that nobody wanted to come see us if the cage smelled like... you know, piss and that." Lamina said. Annie was surprised Lamina spoke so many words to her. She had always been crying and Annie had never heard her say a word before. Annie chuckled. She took off her bag and put it through the bars. "Do you think you're able to give all the tributes a bun, water, and a bracelet?" she asked as Lamina took it in her hands. "I'll try," she smiled and walked away.

Annie watched the red head hand out the stuff to everyone. Not many trusted her but Annie was happy to see how many wanted a bracelet. When Lamina came back she saw there was a few stuff left. "Do you have a lucky charm?" Annie asked reaching for the bracelets in there. Lamina shook her head. So Annie offered her to pick one. She grabbed a pink and purple one with star designs. "There's still some buns left." Annie stated as she sat down.

Lamina did the same and crossed her legs. Annie's hand reached down in the bag and grabbed one for her. Lamina smiled gratefully and ate it right away. "Did you make them? They're really good." she said with muffled voice. Annie giggled and shook her head. "My step-mother made them. She owns a bakery. Full of good stuff!" she smiled.

The usually shy girl felt happy with herself. She's finally having a great and non-awkward conversation. Which is a shocker for her. Annie watched as Treech entered the cage. His face was fixated on the ground as he made his way over the his and Lamina's designated rock

But the moment he noticed his district partner wasn't there, he looked around. He made eye contact with Annie, and she could notice his expression changing. He seemed less annoyed by the sight of Annie. He came to them and sat down next to Lamina. "Do you want a lucky charm?" Annie asked. Treech furrowed his brows confused.

"Lucky charm?" he asked. Annie opened her bag once again and pulled out all of them. He smiled slightly at the sight of them, before picking out a blue one. Annie smiled before handing him food and water. Treech thanked his mentor, slowly growing a liking to her.

Around them they could see a lot of other students in red uniforms coming to meet their tributes. Annie had called out to Pup Harrington as he looked for Lamina. His eyebrows raised but hurried over. He gave Lamina a cookie, which she broke in half and shared with Treech.

Beside the group, Arachne was taunting her own tribute. She held a drink making the district ten girl try to reach for it. Annie turned her attention away from them, starting to talk with Treech instead. "What skills do you have?"

He swallowed his food quickly and said, "I can juggle." Annie laughed. "Really?" she questioned. "Yeah, you got three buns?" he smirked. Annie reached for her bag once again and pulled out the buns he requested. Treech dusted off his pants and got up. He walked a little back to a more open spot. He threw one in the air before throwing another. People came closer and clapped as he threw the last one in and juggled with the buns. The camera towards Treech, filming him.

Some teenage girls in the crowd giggled and whispered. "He's so handsome." Annie could hear on of them say, which the other girl agreed on. He juggled for a while, but soon grew tired in the arms so he let them all fall but he grabbed them. Applause came from the audience and Treech tipped his hat. The action made the girls from earlier scream quietly. Treech noticed them and winked. It seemed like one of the girls were about to faint right there and then.

"Good way of winning over the crowd," Annie whispered as he came close. A soft blush spread on his cheeks before he handed back the buns. "You can have them. Save them for la—" Annie was cut off from a scream and the sound of glass breaking.

Brandy had grabbed the bottle while Arachne was looking away. She smashed it on the bar before jabbing the glass in Arachne's neck. "Arachne!" Annie yelled out. She was about to reach for the girl but got pulled away by a peacekeeper. "Again what are you doing here!" her peacekeeper brother shouted as gunshots fired and hit Brandy.

Coriolanus had reached out for Arachne and held the glass where it was in hope to reduce the bleeding. Annie felt sick and her eyes started watering. Arachne had never been the nicest to Annie, but it wasn't like she deserved to die. Coriolanus was grabbed by two peacekeeper. His eyes never leaving Arachne. Sejanus started walking towards the bodies. He smushed the cracker in his hand that was the one Marcus had refused to take, and sprinkled it over them both.

Treech stuck his head up from the rock where he had hidden with Lamina. Pup was next to Annie and he stared at the scene with wide eyes. He grabbed Annie's hand and held it. It was horrifying to see but none of them could look away. Aden grabbed them both and helped them up. "Go home." he said bluntly to them both as they scrambled away.

Lamina saw the brown bag laying on the ground. "Annie!" she called out, but her voice was shaky and Annie was too far to hear. Treech stroked her shoulder shakily. Aden looked over to the girl who called out for his sister. Lamina looked back at him and pointed to the bag. He nodded as a 'thank you'. "I can take care of it until she comes back. If she does..." she gulped. "Don't worry, I'll give it to her." Aden wanted to smile but could only keep a straight face since it was a part of the peacekeeper rules.

That day, Aden went home thinking about the red headed girl. On such a tragic event you would think he would think about Arachne and Brandy. But everything that was on his mind was the girl who wanted to take care of his sister's bag.

୨୧          AUTHORS NOTE          ୨୧I didn't expect this to be this long! (It's not extremely long but whatever) Ahhhh I'm just so inlove with @fangirlwriter44 story! Please check it out, she deserves the love!

୨୧ AUTHORS NOTE ୨୧
I didn't expect this to be this long! (It's not extremely long but whatever) Ahhhh I'm just so inlove with @fangirlwriter44 story! Please check it out, she deserves the love!

୨୧          AUTHORS NOTE          ୨୧I didn't expect this to be this long! (It's not extremely long but whatever) Ahhhh I'm just so inlove with @fangirlwriter44 story! Please check it out, she deserves the love!

^^
this is kinda how i saw the bracelets for me in my head