Group Shifting

This is something I want to cover as it's a pretty vast topic and it can be confusing for beginners.

Group shifting is absolutely possible and safe as long as it's done correctly. (It's never 'unsafe' per se but it could go kinda weird if everyone involved isn't on the same page). For a group shift I HIGHLY recommend scripting so that everyone knows what they're meant to visualize and what will happen in the DR/what the DR is like. I also recommend using actual photos and pictures so that everyone can visualize something similar and therefore ease the shifting process (though these steps aren't necessary, so do whatever you think is right).

While shifting itself can be difficult to achieve at least the first time around, group shifting can be even harder depending on how easily everyone in the group can shift. If you have a group of five people who have never shifted, for example, chances are it will take a while to accomplish.

While there's technically nothing hard about shifting, actually doing it can take years because you're literally training your mind to do something it's never consciously done before. Think of it like exercising a muscle; you can't do a hundred push-ups right off the bat, it takes time to build up your strength.

Solo shifting is easier to do because there's no need for coordination. You can try when you want, on your own time. With a group of people, it gets more difficult because you'll need to try at the same time and wait for each other to shift. With every person you add to your group, it only gets harder to manage.

But, group shifting can also be a priceless experience. While shifting solo is certainly already awesome, shifting with a friend or multiple friends might be even better because you'll gain memories together that are crazily unique and precious.

I'll post a second chapter on this with some pointers for group shifting.