14/The Lake Of Dead

Leo Blue POV

I felt the slippery little fish friends around me crawl up and out of my shirt. I can't exactly feel the bottom of the water, but do I need to know how deep the water is? No. In fact, it's more fun not knowing.

"KopeLYNNNN!" I ended up yelling of excitement. Kopelyn sits still, crossing her arms, but laughing, "You are SO stupid!"

"Why? Because I jumped in the water?"

"That's exactly why!"

"Well, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't swim. Let me tell you, that would be stupid." Then I felt my voice trail off. Kopelyn still wasn't doing anything. "You can swim..... right?"

"Yes, I could swim!" She stammered.

"Then what are you waiting for?" I gave her my hand, which she reluctantly took and I pull her in the freezing water.

The two of us swam a long way to the edge of the lake, where after a while, we found the tall grass on a piece of land that swayed in the light wind. There were a few tall trees that seemed perfect for laying under.

Kopelyn and I sat under those trees and looked up at the sky full of stars. "Weird." I hear her mumble, "I've never fallen asleep outside before, with all the trees and bushes watched me."

"You've never fallen asleep outside before? Really? You out of all people, even after your journey to get away from your parents?" I ask as I acknowledge the stars sparkling through the trees as I lay down. Kopelyn lays down too. "I slept at the airport, I slept on the train, at Peter Ofgrace's house, at a motel, under a bridge." Kopelyn explains tiredly.

"Interesting. Too bad we don't have any blankets. It sure is getting cold, and boy am I starving! I should go fishing." I say as I jump to my feet.

"Fishing?" Kopelyn sits up, suddenly intrigued.

I took myself on a short walk and notice about five dead fish were piled up on the shore. I took them and walk back to where Kopelyn and I were relaxing under the trees.

Kopelyn was already sleeping.

Snoozing away.

Possibly dreaming of sugar plums dancing in her head- no, no, absolutely not. The Sugar Plum Witch is already dead.

"Okay, more for me I guess." I say as I take a bite out of a slippery slimy dead fish.

I sat back down and began to think.

As the sun began to rise, I woke up Kopelyn who seems to be pretty good at staying asleep through the night.

"Oh, Kopelyn! Oh Kopelyn!" I say to her ear. She rolled over, and stretched her back with a yawn. "Kopelyn, do you know what time it is?"

"I don't know, maybe 9:30 or something."

"Nope! It's time in embark on our journey to safety! No time to waste!"

The future is in our hands and it's up to us to get back home.

"So, we just need to venture into the dark forest and find our way back." I say as we begin to walk somewhere without a single plan for action. "Okay, okay, you know what, I have a better idea." Kopelyn says quickly.

"Really? What?" I ask.

"Climb up that tree and get a look around. I think it's good to know maybe how big this forest may be." She says with a shrug.

"Alright, go for it!"

Kopelyn pauses to think for maybe a second, and walks to the tree and looks up at it. I start to wonder, what if I climb it up too?