Saraphite (1)

I grew up as I saraphite. born and raised on this island, taught all of 'her prayers' and 'her ways'. I never really believed, even as a kid.

I never really had any friends except Yara. We where pretty close until she ran away with her brother so now I have nobody.

I sigh and start to pack my bags, I'm gonna find them. There's nothing left for me anyways. I wait until another fight breaks out with the wlf and saraphites, I quickly sneak off the island and hear screams from some of the others that I knew. I check it out and I see a brunette girl killing them. I see some more guards coming this way so I cover the girls mouth and pull her away. She struggles in my arms before I eventually shush her a let go of her.

"Im helping you dumbass." Before the girl can respond I hear a whistle and pull her to the ground. "Quiet." I whisper.

"Who- who are you?" She whispers back, sounding angry. She's all bloody and only in a tank top. The guards finally leave so I find an old building and pull her inside. I scan her before seeing a tattoo on her arm, I smile. My smile fades as I see a bite mark on her hand.

I stare at the mark intently "y/n. I'm y/n." I point at the mark questioning it but no words come out of my mouth.

She looks at her hand and quickly hides it "oh shit." She groans out. She seems more pissed than scared.

I slowly draw my bow back and point it at her.

"Wait- wait!" She waves her hands at me and I squint my eyes. "I'm immune!"

"Bullshit!" I roll my eyes

"No, no. Really!" She shows me several other bite marks. I lower my bow "these have been here for months!" She runs her fingers over her tattoo."this is a chemical burn. I did it myself. To hide a bite mark. This one-" she taps her arm "is over 5 years old. "

I nod as I finally start to believe her. Still unsure I walk over and grab her hand, running my finger over the new bite.

I softly whisper, "okay."

Before anything else can be said we hear gunshots. I grab her and pull her through a door and find a closet to hide in. The closet is small so we are chest to chest, breathing heavily. I softly sigh as the shots stop and I finally realize how close we are.

"Shit, sorry." I say leaving the closet. She stops me by grabbing my arm and pulling me back in. She smiles at me "Ellie Williams." She tells me her name.