Chapter 4

Evelyn's pov

"What happened, Celia?" I asked her once I went close to her.

"Liam called. He said that mom slipped from the stairs. We have to leave" Celia muttered in a slow voice.

"What? How? Is she fine?" I asked in panic to which Celia rubbed my arms.

"I don't know, Ev. Let's go home" Celia said to which I nodded.

"Let me first inform Jade that we are leaving" I said to which she nodded.

We walked towards Jade and informed her about our leave. Later, Celia and I, made our way outside the orphanage with Derek sleeping on Celia's shoulder.

But before I could have left the orphanage completely, something inside me told me to look back, so I did. That's when my eyes got locked with the most beautiful pair of brown eyes which belonged to Alessandro Winston and once again I felt my heart beating loudly. This man.

"Ev" Hearing Celia's voice, I broke the eye contact and finally left the place.

"I just wish that mom is fine" Celia said to which I nodded, suddenly feeling scared about mom.

Soon enough we reached our home. We directly ran towards mom's room where Dad, Liam, Aaron and Nancy were already present.

"Mom" Saying so I quickly ran towards mom who was sitting in the bed with bandaged forehead.

"Oh my god, mom! What happened?" I asked in panic and hugged her softly.

"Ev? Liam I told you not to bother her. Today's her birthday. You shouldn't have ruined her night" I heard mom's angry voice.

Breaking the hug, I glared at her and then shook my head knowing how my mom is.

"Seriously mom? You really think that I'm a selfish daughter who will enjoy her birthday night when my mom is in pain?" I ask giving her a look to which mom shook her head.

"No, Ev. I didn't mean it. I- I just wanted you to enjoy. I didn't wanted you to panic. I wanted you to get free from your stress. You hardly spend your time in party and when you do, I want you to enjoy fully" Mom clarified.

"Yeah-yeah, ok. Now tell me, are you ok? And how did you fell? I thought that only I was the clumsy one?" I asked her to which she chuckled.

"It's nothing-"

"Sofia aunty fell because you accidentally left the plastic ball in stairs while playing with Aaron. Poor aunty. She step on that ball and fell down" Nancy said cutting mom in middle.

"What?" I muttered suddenly feeling guilty.

"Nancy" Mom called her name sternly and then looked at me.

"Don't you dare to feel guilty, ok. It wasn't your fault. It was Chris duty to clean the stairs which he didn't. That's his fault, not yours" Mom said in a stern voice.

"But mom-"

"No, Ev. Don't" Mom said sternly.

"Your mother is right, Ev. It's not your fault. Not everytime you should take others blame on you. And as a father, I have an advice for you, don't let anyone blame you without your fault. In future, you will encounter some people who will try to blame you for their mistakes or for someone else mistakes as well. But don't let these people win by getting into their manipulation. When you know that you're right, stay firm. And by this, I don't mean to never apologize if it's your fault. Apologize. Be humble. That's the key to get into people heart. But when they're wrong then you have to stay strong, unbothered by their accusations, ok" Dad said sternly to which I nodded.