Chapter 10

Evelyn's pov

As soon as the car stopped in front of my dad's building, I came out of the car along with my belongings and made my way inside the building.

With each step, my anger was increasing as well. I feared that it might cause me to bleed my nose but still I couldn't control myself from getting angry.

What Liam has done today is wrong and thinking about this, my blood is boiling. I can't help it. How can he waste my time because of his insecurities? Just because he dislikes Alessandro and he wants me to stay away from him, he is playing such a dirty game with me.

Liam just didn't waste my time but he also eliminated my chance of meeting Alessandro. Okay, I'm not going to lie but I guess I'm developing a liking for him and I would have been really happy seeing him but Liam ruined it. And which girl will be happy if someone intentionally tries to force her to stay away from her crush? No one, right?

"Evv" I rolled my eyes when I heard Liam's voice.

Turning towards him, I slammed the files on his hand but forced a smile when I realised that we are in the office and everyone is looking at us.

"Your files Liam Sir" I said faking a smile and started to make my way towards my cubicle when I heard footsteps behind me.

"Ev, I have to talk to you" Liam said in a slow voice to which I turned towards him.

"No" I replied glaring at him to which Liam twisted his lips.

"Ev, please I'm sorry. Just come into my cabin. We will sort everything, okay" Liam said to which I rolled my eyes but nodded.

Liam sighed in relief and started to walk in the opposite direction. Glaring at his back, I followed him. In no time, we reached his cabin which is not too far from my cubicle.

"So?" I asked and crossed my arms across my chest and glared him.

"Erm.. I am sorry" Liam said in a slow voice.

"Why are you apologizing, Liam? You haven't done anything wrong according to you, right?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him to which Liam rubbed his forehead.

"Ev, i- I know, I shouldn't have done that. What I did today is unacceptable b-but I had a reason" Liam replied rubbing his nape.

"Wow Liam, just wow. First, Ryan and you played this dirty game on me and now you are even trying to justify your deeds. Just wow" I said getting more angry than before to which Liam shook his head.

"Ev, no. I am not trying to justify myself" Liam said shaking his head.

"Really? Then what are you trying to do?" I asked him to which he shook his head again.

"Okay. I am sorry. Please, just for once, listen to me. Ev, try to understand, Alessandro Winston is not a good man. He is very arrogant and he has extreme anger issues. You don't know him but I know him and this is the only reason I am trying to protect you from him. The day, we went to his office, he was continuesly starring at you. Trust me, he is a dangerous man and it seems like he has a eye on you. That's why I sent you away" I shook my head at him.

"First, he was not at all starring at me. Second, yes it's true that I have not known him for a very long time but as much as I have seen him, he is not at all arrogant neither he is evil or dangerous as you're portraying him to be. Liam, I really think that you need to come out of your delusional world. In the name of protection, you're just torturing me" I said to which Liam looked a little angry.

"Evelyn, you can't talk to me like that" Liam said gritting his teeth.

"And Liam, you can't play games with me like that" I said rolling my eyes.