9🐾 Rainbow 🌈

He'll love them all. I just know he will, the white Pitbull thought as she herded her four puppies towards The Pack's camp.

As they traveled, her pups complained about the rain. Though, on the bright side-it was more of a light drizzle. The soak didn't penatrate through to her skin.

Even more of a blessing, the clouds soon parted and a double rainbow shone over the trees. Gypsy glimpsed it, pointing the apparition out to her puppies, who craned their neck's in excitement.

"It's beautiful, Mama!" Kiwi chimed. "Just like you." The tan-and-white she-pup had stuck close to her mother-dog the entire walk there.

"Thank you, my precious pup." She nuzzled her only daughter affectionately and urged them all on. After some time, they passed Bronx's territory markers. Star wrinkled his nose at the pungent scent-line.

All four puppies had blue eyes, as was custom for any pre-adoelscent dog. Gypsy guessed they were around three months old now, which meant North's pups would be twice their age. So, the pups were old enough to run on their stubby little legs, albeit not very far.

Her stomach was churning with nervous excitement as she finally pushed through the final set of bushes. Her puppies tripped over their own paws, and two of them cried out for help.

She turned back to help two of her male puppies, Star and Copper- and heard Bronx's distinctive heavy pawsteps approaching them from behind.

Bronx gave an excemplatory "Hello!" To the two puppies who'd passed through the bushes first. As Gypsy whipped around, carrying a complaining Copper, she saw Kiwi cowering from her huge father dog.

Bronx lowered his body to seem less threatening to Kiwi. He ignored Finn's bold pestering as the first brother smacked his paws ruefully against Bronx's ribs.

After Kiwi had tentatively walked forward, the male dog rose and gave a gentle rumbling bark towards Gypsy. The clouds were packed together tightly behind his head, blue and pink and layered like watercolors on a canvas.

"Welcome back, my white dove. I've missed you so badly." His eyes shone with glee as he looked over the pups towards his mate.

Gypsy felt herself soak up the love she had so desperately wanted for the past few lonely moons. Practically glowing with affection, she gave Bronx an everlasting look. Her pups were sweet, and Kiwi was borderline obsessed with her... but Gypsy had wanted her mate back, too.

She dropped the puppy that was in her grasp and rushed forward to lean into Bronx's chest-fur. He curled his furry neck around hers.

Copper whined, "Ow! That was too rough, mother." His furry face peering up at them indignantly.

"Hey, stay away from my Mom!" Kiwi growled and stomped a paw into the dust with an outraged expression. Her tiny pink nose was wrinkled with distate as she looked her father up-and-down.

"This is your sire, puppies. His name's Bronx." She first pointed out Kiwi, her white female pup with light brown splotches across her eye, forehead and legs.

"She has your spirit," Bronx laughed good-humordly in response to his daughter's outbursts. The mother-dog smiled over at him and leaned against the male's shoulder with glee.

She then looked down at the nervous Copper, who was slowly edging away from his huge father-dog. "His name's Copper. He's got the same pelt as you!" Gypsy said fondly as she looked down at her fluffy male pup.

But his ears were pinned and his eyes wide as he leaned back.

"He's huge, Mama!" Copper wailed with dismay as Gypsy bent to lick his ears affectionately. At the same time, Star was saying, "What do we need a father-dog for anyways?"