Author's Afterthoughts &Discussion/Q&A's 📌

This chapter is for discussion amongst readers or readers and author ☺ feel free to ask any questions you don't see addressed below ♥

Random Facts about characters

🐾 Bronx died from a nasal infection, after he grew old in the home of an elderly couple's apartment. He was well taken care of, but the vet could not prevent the infection due to Bronx's elderly state. He got to live long, but with the festering open scar of a deformed and ripped muzzle. An oopsie on Ace's part

🐾 Bronx also takes like 1000 years to ever be able to reincarnate

🐾 Gypsy did not need Wings with her halo in the novel, because some angels choose Fur not wings :) yes that is both symbolic and literate

🐾 it was very difficult to create dialogue for someone depicted as God. I never wanted him to say the word I, and instead be such a loving and caring figure or harmony that he always makes it about his children's problems. Rather than ever saying anything directly about himself.

🐾 Gypsy's name was originally going to be Angel, but it felt too on the nose- and sort of like an answer to the plot.

🐾 Bronx and North CANNOT see each other in heaven because Bronx manipulated her into murderous sins. Same with all of Bronx's children as well as obelisk basically he can't see anyone he knows 🤷‍♀️ Ever. bcz he murdered or tortured them. And for this place, that is Heaven's Law.

🐾 Copper and Finn, or Lavender and the rest of Ace's pack, I have a few more facts on them below. But over all them arriving in heaven was not written into the book because it would be a never ending cycle and Ace+her dead puppies was most important for her being able to accept heaven :)

🐾 Copper and Finn lived out their days as loyal house dogs. They lived in a large two story house with a giant backyard and grew up with the children into their late teens/early adulthood, until they joined Gypsy and the others in heaven.

🐾 Ace did indeed form and lead a strong pack in Bronx's former territory after Obelisk died. He appointed a new leader before his death, so that the pack could thrive and live on. However, he'd never stopped thinking about Gypsy, until the day he reached her again. I think a spinoff about Ace's new pack would be cool, based around the lake and in the woods territory. But it feels too close to Survivors Dogs, without enough unique aspects of its own. Maybe I'll think of something?

🐾 Eventually, after a LONG time lol, after Finn Copper Obelisk Star and even Kiwi decide to reincarnate, Gypsy and Ace Cross Over to begin new lives as well. I like to think that they'd meet again in their second lives.

🐾 Ginger is based off of a real dog from my life, same name and all

Random facts about Story crafting

🐾 As we now know, Gypsy's past is revealed about halfway through the novel; and Just exactly why her and Ace were sent to be euthanized. (Because she bit a child for killing her pups.) However, it is all connected by the end, when Instead of ignoring the little boy that's crossing the road into the path of a car, she blocks and then saves him. Gypsy saves Kenny's little boy, (she did not know he was Ghosts child at first but that isn't the point here) although another little boy also once threw her puppies out of the RV window. This is a theme against Bias. Do not hurt others as they have hurt you. Do not bias a person/place or thing against one negative action.

🐾 In this book, there is no Hell for Dogs. It's the rule of All dogs go to heaven. Whether you agree or disagree with that, there is no "torture and banishment" punishments. Only isolation, as shown to be inflicted onto Bronx. Sure, he can make new memories. But he completely destroyed all ties to his old ones, forever.