27 🐾 Guardian Angel Dog 🪽

The transition from life to death was sort of like going to sleep and waking up.

Except for the fact that she woke up to the most brilliant, glittering, golden-bathed sunlight she had ever seen. And right beneath her paws, somehow, was a squishy yet firm layering of cloud.

Gypsy turned her neck experimentally, finding that it was restored. She rose to her paws and lifted her eyes as the massive open land unfurled before her.

For the next few yards, it was soft pink clouds. But beyond stood a tall and golden reflective gate, separating cloud from short-clipped and clean grasses.

The gate was open, and had wild grasses growing up beside it, with bright green ivy snaking up the bars as if had been so for the decades.

The field that amassed beyond was almost endless, dotted with anything a dog could want throughout. Sparkling rivers, lakes, and all types of trees and foliage dotted the landscape. There was twinkling water fountains, some with little dog figures sticking out and spewing water from their pouched lips.

Aghast, yet mesmerized, Gypsy let her eyes take in the mass of hundreds of other dogs. Some were so far off into the distance, that she couldn't see their real appearances apart from a smudge. Some of them played and bounced around, their ears flopping in glee. Others drank or climbed in and out of the water fountains, or ran full-tilt alongside companions, paws flying underneath them.

As the white dog turned her head to the side, she saw a thick pink fog collected behind her. Without warning, another dog appeared there with a flicker of light- in almost the exact same way that Ghost had always shown up.

I died. And this is where I went. And she supposed that was how she'd gotten here.

She felt no shame or fortitude in the thought. Instead, just a pang of pity that she could not share it with her pups and Ace.

To the far right, grass slowly hardened into stark yellow sand with a hazy transition. Gypsy could see a beach, far, far away, and the haze of blue clouds that the ocean reflected above it.

On the contrary, to the far left was a thick forest with foliage crowding it's tree line. It looked nothing like Gypsy's old canopied woods; instead with low-lying and thin trees; which let in the sunlight and appeared much more open and welcoming.

It was strange, to see so many different styles of terrain stretched out miles and miles in front of her. Apart from the natural dips and rises of the forested area, the land close to her was entirely flat.

If she squinted hard enough, though- she could see rolling, lush hills with waving wild grasses far beyond some of the dogs. One or two of the dark-pelted ones were even visible climbing or disappearing between the hills.

There's no leashes or fences. Which is great, but... There's also none of my puppies here. Why? Gypsy wondered imploringly as the dog behind her rose to it's paws. He looked around with a gaze as confused as Gypsy felt.

Suddenly, with a whirling tilt, she felt the entire floor move beneath her paws. The Pitbull was being gently flipped around and tossed through an abyss of thick blue-and-pink clouds. They almost resembled cotton candy.

Breathless, Gypsy saw the stars flash above and below her as the world span. After the lovely hues of the poofy clouds, she began to discern a lush green and blue as finally, she floated lightly down to ground.

Her paws touched soft grass without so much as a brush of sound. She looked up, realizing she was swathed in the shade of a gigantic willow tree. It's falling stems fell down all around her in a curtain of green serenity. Here, the wind actually blew. She could feel a soft breeze stirring her fur, and then stiffened as she had a thought.