Chapter 10

"I will never understand why you didn't let him go" Vegas remarked. He was standing by the door of his son's bedroom. Payu, who was still busy preparing his belongings for his month on the countryside with Som, told his father everything about his last date, since Vegas insisted so much. His father was clearly disappointed by that result: no matter how hard Som tried, he still couldn't find him suitable to be by his son's side, and it only made him more mad that Pete and Porchay didn't agree with him.

"I'm sorry dad, but this is my relationship, not yours..." Payu said with a hint of uncertainty in his voice. The first time he confronted his father, he was sure that Som was the right person for him, but that feeling changed with time. Vegas, who still held the best skills of a manipulator, even if he didn't have the opportunity nor the will to use them in a long time, replied with a grin:

"You're right, I have no right to interfere with your love life, however, I'm sure that your stay in his uncle's farm will make things clearer." Vegas hoped that it could be the last chance given by Payu to his boyfriend, and that after the last failure, he would finally change his mind. A few days later, Payu and Som left the city.

"Som! I'm so happy to see you! You were so little last time I saw you, and look at yourself now! You're a grown man! My dear nephew." Som's uncle said with a large smile on his face and hugged his nephew tightly. Payu didn't really know what to do, but that indecision was short-lived, since after greeting his nephew, the nice uncle switched his attention to Payu.

"And you must be Payu! Som told me about you! Wow, my nephew surely has good taste, a robust and handsome guy, good choice!" the uncle said loudly, grabbing Payu's arm and squeezing it a little while remarking Payu's strength. Payu blushed a little, he surely didn't expect the uncle to compliment his physique after their first meeting.

"Come inside, lunch is almost ready. You must be hungry! My dear Som told me that you don't often eat Thai food, so I tried to make it less spicy than usual, Payu"

"That's very nice, but you didn't have to worry about me, sir" Payu said, still a little embarrassed.

Despite the really nice beginning and the extrovert uncle, the rest of the stay was incredibly boring. Som spent most of his time with his uncle, getting invested in all the paperwork that was needed to make the farm profitable, while Payu's only entertainment was his cousin Prapai, who constantly texted him to update him on the situation with Sky.

"He finally accepted to go out with me for dinner!" Prapai texted after two whole weeks of failed attempts.

"How many relatives of his did you kidnap to convince him?" Payu replied jokingly.

"Oh come on, I'm pretty sure that by the time you'll be back here, we will be officially dating."

"Poor Sky, if he ends up with you, he surely has no other options"

Whenever it was time to go to sleep, Payu was already in the guest bedroom waiting for Som. His boyfriend was always so tired after his long workdays with his uncle, that he almost instantly fell asleep after his head hit the pillow.

"Som, you can tell me if you don't want to do it because it's your uncle's house, just stop making up excuses" Payu once said irritated.

"Excuses? I'm genuinely tired, Payu. I assure you that my uncle doesn't care about what we do under the blanket. He actually chose this room because it is the farthest one from his bedroom, so he won't hear a thing. Goodnight now"