enemies to lovers

I was headed to hockey practice, dreading, walking into the cold, icy rink. I couldn't take hearing that annoying voice a second day in a row. "Hey, Ace," I guess I spoke too soon, I groaned, taking a look at the one and only, Brady.  He had the biggest grin on his face.

"Oh look it's, precious," I say nudging back.

"You already know, Y/n. You ready to get team captain off that jersey of yours?" He said in a sarcastic manner.

"You ready to get swept off your feet?" I remark, making the best comeback ✊🏼✊🏼

"Yeah, whatever you say, Y/n." He walked off into the change rooms. I swung my hockey bag around my shoulder grabbing my stick and into the change rooms.

"Hey Y/n!! are you excited to get team captain todayy," Evoni said confidently. I've known Evoni my whole life; well since we were 9.

"We don't know if i'm captain, remember that annoying looking rat?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Y/n, You know you're way better than him,
coach would be dumb if he doesn't choose you," Arianna replied, struggling to get her skate on.

time skip —

I glided onto the ice, as we were getting ready to warmup coach called me over, "Y/n, I want you to lead the warmup today," My eyes widened, as I never got this chance.

"Yes coach," disclose, in a nervous manner. I skate over to everyone else, I stood there not knowing how to pull there attention. I open my mouth in attempt to speak but soon get interrupted by Brady, "Y/n doesn't know how to speak?" The crowd of people spread laughter, it all dies down as coach announced 'listen up' as soon as the attention is on me, my heart sank.

"Okay we're gonna do two laps around the rink, the first two to finish get to be team captains for the scrimmage, line up!" I declare, lining up with the others, "3..2..1..go!" I call out, making my way through everyone, tied between Brady.

"Don't get your hopes up Y/n, this will be the last time you'll be running warmup," Brady explains, I couldn't care less about running warmups. I just wanted the title of captain, and to be all up in Brady's face that I was better.

"Get over yourself, when will you accept that i'm gonna have that "C" on my jersey," I respond to his comment, it was the final lap and me and Brady were stuck together both glancing at each other, fighting to the finish.

It was a tie, like it always is. So me and Brady were the team captains for the scrimmage, again. Brady got first pick, I didn't bother trying to fight with him. I already knew who he was targeting, until I heard the name Evoni. I glanced over at Brady; he had the biggest smirk on his face, that I wanted to slap right off of him.

Evoni slid over to Brady, as it was my turn to pick, I had no clue who to choose, Evoni was always on my team, telling me who to select. I called out the first person that looked my way, "Conner," I assert, Conner gave me a confused stare.

Conner is Brady's twin, Identical twin. Brady doesn't acknowledge him often, I haven't seen him in a while, since he got kicked from the team, Brady gave me a side glance, and Evoni gives me a 'tf' look.

Me and Brady pick everyone else, fighting over players.

yes, a time skip —

We ended off the scrimmage, the score being 2-3. It was a good round, but the last second Brady took the shot, and sadly got it in. Brady skated over to me in joy, just to brag about winning.

"Almost got me there Y/n, but you didn't" He shrugs,  gliding off of the ice.

We all packed up and coach asked me and Brady to stay behind, to see who got captain. I swear if Brady starts yapping I might die. I walk over to coaches office, to see Brady already there, he's face showed annoyance.

"Y/n, please take a seat," Coach asks, I sat across from Brady.

"This was a hard choice, and I couldn't pick from the both of you," Oh no. he's he saying that me or Brady are getting captain. My heart sank, eager to know the decision in the making, "So the captain for this season is.."

A/N

yes, a cliff hanger 🫶

Im thinking about making another imagine about my pookie miguel😏

but i'll write a part two about this one and make the part two of "staring"

Happy new year's eve 🥳