| The Call and the Train |

Sherlock has cake for breakfast the next morning, which really is about lunch time once again. Rosie also has another piece after eating all of her sandwich. She looks at the cake on the counter, dwindling down. "Lock, you have to make more."

Sherlock sighs. "If I don't get a case today, I just might."

"In that case, I'll have a slice," John says, coming in the kitchen.

"Surely someone has been murdered in the last four days. Or something's been stolen. Do you remember the bunny? I'll find a missing pet at this point. Anything to solve."

"What's one plus two?" Rosie asks.

"Three."

"Good job."

"You could call Lestrade," John offers, now holding his own plate of cake.

"If he had anything, he would've already called me."

John shrugs. "Maybe."

Sherlock stands and goes over to his laptop. "Maybe if I look at the news, something..."

"Maybe."

"You're being so very helpful, John."

"I could go out and murder a guy."

"Then I would know you did it because you just told me."

"What if I already did and didn't tell you?"

Sherlock looks up at him with a furrowed brow. "I would know." He turns back his laptop, searching around, even going to the comments on the blog. Most of it, though, is just about the cases or things he said or even Lily.

'Hey, I know her,' one user said, and based on the username (MasterLiam246), Sherlock can guess who it was. He reads on.

'She seems so nice!'

'I didn't know Sherlock liked sweets so much lol'

'She's so lucky! I could only imagine going on a case with him.'

Sherlock frowns a bit. "Don't people comment problems on these things?" They're nice, he supposes, but they're not what he's looking for.

John looks over his shoulder. "Sometimes. Usually nothing to tell you about. If it's serious enough and actually real, people usually just show up."

Sherlock gets up and looks out the window, watching people walking by. "Well, I wish someone would already... What are some of those comments, anyway?"

"They're all older. Now people are just commenting about Lily and... my fall. Anyway, I didn't put in too much detail about her specifically, but you introduce somebody new and everyone gets curious. I'm about to post the Adventure of the Ears in the Box, so I imagine they'll either be wondering where she is or less focused on her this time, since she wasn't there."

"That's the title?" Sherlock asks. "The Adventure of the Ears in the Box?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"It's wordy."

John rolls his eyes. "No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"Then what would you call it?"

"I don't know. The Adventure of the Ears."

"That sounds stupid."

"Then why don't you ask Lily? She's an author. I'm just the only consulting detective in the world that provides you with your stories."