| The Cinnamon Buns and the Shock |

Lily went to bed early last night, and so woke up early this morning, then not able to get back to sleep. She got up to make some tea instead, and as she got the kettle, she checked her phone. She had an email from her publisher.

The subject line read: 'New Book?'

Brows furrowing, Lily began reading the email and finds that, she was, in fact, being asked to write a new book. The last one did so well, and it seemed like it's time for a new one, if she had any ideas. But she didn't.

She thought about it, writing a new book. It'll only be a children's book, of course, but writing one of those is more difficult than people might think. Especially if it rhymes, which her first one did. Getting an idea, she knew, would be the hardest part. But if it does as well as the last one, it would be nice to do more small signings and get to meet her little readers, and the extra money wouldn't hurt, either.

A knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts, and she left her phone on the counter before hurrying up the steps, wondering who in the world it could be.

Sherlock, John, and Rosie.

Sherlock and John had an early case and Mrs. Hudson was out, so they asked Lily to watch Rosie, though John seemed particularly apologetic about it. Lily didn't mind at all, of course, though John insisted she take his money. Rosie was half asleep — and still is —and she hasn't had breakfast yet. Lily carries her and her bag down the stairs after Sherlock and John are gone.

She puts Rosie on the couch next to her bag. "Lily?" she asks.

Lily smiles. "Hey, Rosie. Your dad and Sherlock had to go to work, so I'm gonna watch you until they get back, okay?"

"Okay." She's still waking up, but she's starting to smile.

"And your dad told me you haven't had breakfast yet, so... do you want to help me make some cinnamon buns?"

Her eyes brighten. "Yes!"

"Okay, just let me get dressed-" Lily is still in her pajamas "-and then we'll get started. Here, I'll turn the TV on." She turns on a kid's channel, then hurries to her room to quickly change. When she gets back, they begin making the cinnamon buns, these ones yeast-less so it won't take as long. Rosie helps as far as she can, and they don't look exactly pretty, but they taste good. They make four and save two for Sherlock and John, for whenever they return.

"Alright, how would you like to help me water the flowers in the garden?" Lily asks, and Rosie brightens again, maybe from the way Lily said it.

"Yes," she says, nodding, so they go out, and Rosie helps her water the garden, which is beginning to sprout. When they return to the apartment, they play with Rosie's toys until Sherlock and John return, which surprisingly is only a few hours after they left.

John is leaning on Sherlock, looking worn out, all his weight on one foot. Sherlock grimaces. "We had a run in with a bat. John fell down some stairs."

"Oh, my gosh," Lily says, shocked and concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Sprained ankle," John replies. "Some bruises, too, but I'll live."

"Oh, my- is there anything I can do?" Lily asks.

Sherlock shrugs. "Not really. We just went to the doctor. He has to ice it, take pain meds, and wrap it. It'll heal in a couple weeks or so."

"If I stay off it," John adds.

"Is there anything you need, anything I can give you?" Lily asks, desperate to help.

"The cinnamon buns," Rosie reminds her.