| The Gun and the Heart |

Sherlock runs up the stairs, calling back the answer amid confused shouts. Everyone follows him. "Lestrade, we have to get back to the crime scene now."

"Alright, alright," he says, heading for the door. John runs to grab his and Sherlock's guns.

Mrs. Hudson goes back into her flat. "I can't find my gun, but-"

Her voice cuts through all the worry and noise and fear running through Sherlock's mind. "What? What for? You're not coming-"

She comes back out. "Sherlock, I will not just stay here while Lily is in danger!"

John, having heard at the top of the stairs, says, "We don't know his plan. He might come back."

"I'll send someone back here, just in case," Lestrade says.

Sherlock turns to his left. "Well, Liam-"

"Is going," he demands, and no one wants to argue with him. Mrs. Hudson groans, already on the verge of tears. All Sherlock can do is squeeze her shoulder before he races out the door. Lestrade is close behind, running for the driver's seat of his car. Sherlock gets in the passenger seat, and John and Liam get in the back. John passes Sherlock's gun to him.

"Drive, Greg, drive!" Sherlock shouts, quickly texting Mycroft. His hands are shaking and he can barely type, but the message is clear enough. 'Lily taken' and the address.

Lestrade is already pulling onto the street, sirens wailing. "I'm going!"

Sherlock grabs his hair again, willing the car to go faster. Tears pool in his eyes. What if they're too late?

"It's alright, Sherlock," John says, "Don't panic."

"I can't," he manages.

"Yes, you can. I've seen you do it before."

"But Lily-"

"You're the best person to help her. You know that. And we'll be right there with you. But you have to focus."

Sherlock nods, wipes his eyes on his sleeve. "Okay. Okay."

"What's the plan?" Lestrade asks, turning off the sirens as they draw nearer.

"I don't know. I don't know what he's done to her or what he wants to do or-"

"Save Lily," Liam says. "However we can."

"Good plan," Lestrade mumbles, turning onto the street. Sherlock can see the building, but he can't see Lily.

,,,O,,, ,,,O,,,          ,,,O,,,
{_;_;_;_}  {_;_;_;_}  {_;_;_;_}
\_|_|_/     \_|_|_/     \_|_|_/

He stands there, so excited to have it all figured out. He's so sure of his plan. But what is it?

"If this is third time you've tried this, don't you think he'll be ready for you?" Lily says.

He turns to her, having been looking out the glassless window. "Is he?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"Did he tell you?" He smiles. "He loves you, but do you know how much he really trusts you?"

More than Lily knows, she's sure. All that talk of her leaving, it was because he wanted her to be safe. He was right, something bad has happened, but she doesn't regret staying with him. Now she can help him. Hopefully. Or die trying. Instead of answering, she shrugs.

"You know he thinks of you as inferior."

That fight comes back to her. Is there a bug in Sherlock's flat, too? Or did she really yell so loud he picked up on it from her flat? Did she say anything out loud before Sherlock apologized?