2 | secrets to keep

Uzi ran home, nearly tripping on her own shoes.

The sun was up, so her dad was probably already home. Looking for her.

So she ran into the apartment building and up the stairs to her apartment. Unlocking the door, she entered.

"Where were you."

Uzi froze as her eyes met her dad's silver white eyes glaring down at her with arms crossed.

"I was..."

"What makes you think it's a good idea going out in the middle of the night!" He scolded her. His eyes look at the railgun.

"With a weapon!" He said, crossing his arms.

"W- well -"

"And... why are you so hurt?" Quickly, his tone changed. He now sounded worried and afraid as he saw the wounds on her and... especially her hand.

Uzi sighed. "I... I met a vampire." She said, almost whispering. She held tightly on her railgun as her purple eyes kept staring on the ground. She felt guilty.

Khan sighed. "Why?" He asked.

"I thought that... if I used my railgun, then those vampires could be gone for... good?" Uzi said, keeping her eyes on the ground.

"Well, did it work?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Not really." She said as she walked past him to go into her room. "It didn't go as planned." She said as she shut the door behind her. She looked at her injured hand. Where the acid had hit her.

She looked and tried to move some of her fingers to see if they were still responsive, seeing that the acid had started to affect her. Moving her hand, she smiled. Her hand was doing fine.

She sighed in relief as she ended up wrapping a bandage around the wound.

The next day, opening a locker, Uzi was on her way to class as she placed her bag into the locker. It's been a day since the incident, and she was not planning on leaving the house late at night any time soon.

She just needs to learn more about them... then she could know what their weaknesses are to use it against them.

"Uzi! There you are."

Uzi's eyes widened as she jumped a bit before looking back.

"Thad?" She said as she raised a brow.

Thad was one of her closest friends - her only friend. He was the only one who helped her out with her railgun despite him not agreeing with her. He had told her that there was no need for Uzi to attack the vampires when the hunters were there to do that for them.

"I was worried you weren't going to return after the railgun exploded." He said with a smile.

Uzi rolled her eyes as she shut her locker.

Thad then noticed the bandage on her hand. "Uzi, what... happened?" He asked as his tone suddenly shifted to a more worried tone.

"Nothing - oh this?" She said as she realized what he meant. She held up her hand. "This... was just an accident." She said.

She didn't want Thad to know what happened she didn't want him to worry... he already knows about the disappearance of her mother and how she died. She got herself into this mess, and she doesn't want Thad to do the same.

"Anyways, Thad prom is in a month. I was wondering..."

Uzi started changing the subject like nothing, which confused Thad, especially since she always talked about how much she hated prom.