4 | better than them

"Where did you see it?"

The two were outside as snowflakes fell from the sky. The moon was hidden behind the many clouds as the wind blew loudly.

Sadly, their only light source was N's bright yellow eyes, but because it was very weak, it was difficult to see.

"I saw it somewhere on these walls..." N said.

He walked into an abandoned building, which was broken down... like everything else. But this building looked different from the others. There was a lot of scrap metal on the ground.

"Where... are we?" Uzi asked.

"This was where my last hunt happened." N simply said as he continued walking.

"... I could tell." Uzi nervously said as she noticed a corpse lying on the ground in their own little puddle of blood.

N walked up to a wall and placed his hands against it. Feeling the texture underneath his fingertips until he moved a side the dust. There were words on a metal plate, but it was hard to see.

"Sickness." He whispered to himself. He tried squinting his eyes to see through the dust and dirt.

That was when he suddenly heard something fall over as he perked up.

"Uh N?" Uzi said as she walked closer to him.

"I think.. J or maybe V is here." He said as he quickly turned to see Uzi standing behind him.

Uzi had had a afraid look on her face as she looked around.

"Uzi, are you good?" He asked as he walked up to her. He looked down at her as he was able to smell fear radiating from her.

Uzi's breathing shortened a bit. "Y- yeah..." She stuttered.

Uzi held up her railgun ws she shut on of her eyes. She placed her finger on the trigger, prepared to shoot whatever was with them.

Suddenly, they heard loud footsteps getting closer.

N's look softened but stayed alert, knowing that whoever was with them wasn't a vampire since they're a lot quieter and stealthier.

So this must be...

"Thad?" Uzi said as she moved down her railgun.

The boy?

N lowered his eyes, annoyed and disappointed.

"Zi!" Thad smiled brightly as he walked up to Uzi.

"Thad! What are you doing here!?" Uzi asked as she glared at him.

Thad blinked. "I wanted to know what was hiding behind the wall too... but I got lost, and I bumped into things and got chased by a vampire." He smiled.

"Are you sure you didn't just follow Uzi over here?" N asked.

"No." Thad said as he crossed his arms. "I didn't even know she was here." He shrugged.

"W- wait! You're being chased!?" Uzi said as her eyes widened.

Thad nodded. "Well, i was." He corrected her.

"Do you know where they're at now?" Uzi asked.

"No. I've been hiding here for the past hour... I think?" he said as he looked up at a clock, which was clearly broken since it wasn't ticking or moving at all.

"We should get going." N whispered as he started walking he gently gave the two a small push, forcing them to walk along. "J and V could be..."

Suddenly, they heard something loud, crashing somewhere in the building.