Chapter 6

My throat felt like there were millions of tiny needles poking it l every time I talked. My brother and Xaden were currently exchanging looks with each other that I didn't feel like figuring out right now. There was too much going on.

' Why did I glow? What the hell was that. '

' You're signet '

' I thought it was too early? When did you start channeling? Wh- '

' Since day one '

I stood there in silence, my exhaust finally catching up to me as the adrenaline wore off completely. I felt like I was about to fall, and it took all of the strength that was left in me not to crumble to the ground. I wouldn't show weakness, not now, not ever again, especially in this place.

" Shit " Xaden said, moving his gaze away from Garricks and towards me. " Ok, what the hell happened you two, I know that one of you contacted Sgeayl to get me, but what happened in that room, and how was that door opened. " Xaden tilted his chin up, moving his gaze from me towards my dragons.

He looked like he was listening to something, most likely Sgeayl as dragons could not speak to any other human than their rider. I took a deep breath in, grounding myself like I had done in my bedroom, not feeling like listening to this conversation right now. I snuck away towards the moss filled wall of the secret door, and sat against it. I thought about leaving back into the college to the safety of my room, but it soon hit me. There was most likely still evidence from the recent attack, and it caused me to question if it was even safe anymore.

Plus I did have to make sure that Pro or Rih didn't completely incinerate my brother or Xaden, as they would do it. Pro enjoyed his personal space, and Rih didn't care for others invading her space either.

" What do you mean she blocked you out? " Xaden yelled, obviously not happy with the answer.

' Will both of you stop with the questioning, you have the answers you need, now leave. '

Pro's voice was filled with anger, and I knew that he was done with this conversation. I got up from my spot, nodding towards my dragons before walking off through the hidden door unnoticed by either of the others. Xaden was too consumed in trying to argue that it was easy for me to slip away, and Garrick, I've always been able to get away from him most of the time growing up, and their time was no different.

I made my way to the top of the steps, using the dim blue mage light in the hallways to help lead my way. They were for the other riders that didn't have windows in their rooms so they could tell when it was morning or night. When I reached my room it was cleaned up for the most part, only a few stains of blood that had melted into the floor were present. I closed my door before making my way across the room towards my bed, falling onto it.

' Get some rest CÃ, you've had a rough night. Me and Rih will be right here if you need us, no matter what for. '

' Thank you Pro, I know you guys are. Goodnight '

' Night CÃ, see you tomorrow '

I got maybe an hour or two of sleep before I couldn't anymore. What sleep I did get was enough though, I've functioned on less before. I stretched, changing into some flight leathers quickly, carrying on as if it was any other morning.

Though I knew it wasn't. My voice was still severely hoarse, and there were handprints around my neck in the form of bruises of yellow, purple, and blue. They were mostly hidden beneath my leathers, and the parts that were shown weren't as noticeable as I thought they would be. Today we had flight lessons later in the afternoon as it had gotten a bit warmer outside, and a lot of the first years needed practice.