Chapter 10

" Hey guys!" Rhiannons Cheery voice said as she walked towards where me, Sawyer, and Ridoc were sitting in Carrs class. Violet and Liam following behind her.

" Glad you joined us " Sawyer said, a smile on his and Ridocs faces. I nodded at her, focusing back on what I was doing.

" Mind if I sit here?" Violet asked, looking at me.

" Sure " I said, nodding at both her and Liamz though shooting Liam a glance, mouthing the words ' Finally ' to him before getting back to my work.

Liam has actually manifested his signet around the time Sawyer and Ridoc did, though he has been keeping with his guard dog duties and hasn't left Violet's side to join Carrs class until today. From what I know, Ridoc is an ice wielder, and Sawyer is a metallurgist.

I sat back, bored as ever. There was no point in me being in this class, basically all it is is working on our lesser magics as everyone's signet was different for the most part. Yes there were a few who had the more common signets, but there were a very select few that had more higher and rare signets like Xaden and his ability to control shadows.

Every single time for the past few weeks that I have been in this class, I basically zoned out through the whole class, only half listening to what Carr had to say, and doing as he had asked us to practice. I just needed to get through this class and then I have sparring later this afternoon, followed by afternoon flight with my free time as flight has been postponed before squad battles so we could focus on the other categories, though I'm still going out whenever I can. I can already do a rolling landing, and with squad battles were coming up, I would be the squads best asset in flying. Though I don't think that the higher ups are very happy with me right now.

According to my brother and well practically all of the "marked ones " that know me have informed me about the extra eyes that I have on me because of the attention I have brought to myself, especially with my signet. Though I've told as little as possible people about my actual signet, and refrain for the most part from using it when I don't need to.

Earlier I had a test in my history class, which I'm fairly sure I aced, and all that I had today for actual classes was battle brief. I recited something that I had been told near the start of the year when we all first got in.

" Memorized and repeat what they say, nothing else "

Nobody needed to know what actually happened during the tyrrish rebellion, and nobody would hear anything different than what they have been told their whole lives.

" And that's all the time we have for today, now get out "

I picked up my bag, waiting in my seat for a second to make sure the initial hoard could go out and I wouldn't be pushed around.

" You coming Alyona? " Sawyer asked, waiting at the end of the row of chairs.

" Yep, lunch here we come " I said, following after them as we walked through the huge halls.

As we walked I stayed near the back, heading into the lunch room and quickly grabbing my lunch, which basically consisted of some fruit, a small roll, and a small amount of some sort of glazed meat.

I took my seat, knowing that I would need the energy for flying later. I started on the fruit that was on my tray first, before moving to the roll and meat, eating almost all of it and washing it down with some water.

I looked over a Violet, noticing the face she was making as she stared up. " You ok Sorrenngail?" I questioned, sticking the last few pieces of meat into my mouth.