The Court

Scarecrow, the scraggily, sickly shape of a man, walked around in a large circle around the vans. He looked up and around. “You secure the perimeter?” His scratchy voice cracked.
“No need. The bat and the mask are still going at it.”
“The bat has an annoying habit of dropping in on our plans.” Scarecrow retorted, his sight still scanning the surrounding area. Jason and Barbara ducked low when his gaze went their way. “There are shadows moving about…” He stared their general direction before turnig around. “One word keeps popping up.”
“Owl?” Riddler mused. “Suppose they are allies of the bat?”
“Enemies actually.”
“So, they’re just as screwed as us.” Riddler chuckled.
“What of Superman?”
“Metropolis. Appears the Justice League rental is finally out of Gotham.”
“The boy wonder?”
“Unknown. He’s been gone a couple weeks.”
“What happened to Robin?” Barbara whispered.
“Shh.” Was Jason’s sharp response.
“Let’s discuss business. What do you have for me?” Scarecrow finally asked.
“Preem gun for a premium client.”
Riddler led Scarecrow around to the back of the vans he arrive in. There wasn’t an advantageous look at what it was from where they were at.
“Come on, show the loot…” Jason whispered to himself, his camera up.
“What do we do?” Barbara asked.
“We can’t take them all.” Jason shook his head. “We’ll wait for one of them to leave and jump the remainders.”
Barbara gave a solemn nod as she got a lump in her throat. Was she really going through with this? Her heart rate rose as the watched the deal go down. Crates of something was being transferred from the hands of Riddler to Scarecrow. When they were finished Jason’s camera finally fell silent as the shutters finally stopped.
“Pleasure as always, Riddler.” Scarecrow reached out his hand.
“Pleasure’s all mine.” Riddler bowed.
*Bang*
A shot rang out and everyone ducked. Jason saw the muzzle flash and looked across the way. On the scaffolding above was a lone sniper with a large rifle pointing down on the deal.
The Scarecrow collapsed as Riddler and his goons stared firing up into the upper rafters. Aimless shots to the unknown. The sniper fired back in a couple of clean shots. A goon went down as Riddler hopped behind cover. More sniper shots rang out as two more men collapsed. Soon, every goon left standing was ducked behind cover.
“We don’t have to do this!” The Riddler yelled. “Let’s make a deal, huh?”
Large boots began clanking as a behemoth of a man walked in from the shadows. “Take this as a lesson to you two…”
“Bane!?” Riddler stood, out of cover. “What the hell is this? The league involved?”
“The Narrows are mine.” Bane said. “Mine and the League of Shadows.”
“I fucking knew you fell off your damn rocker.” Riddler laughed.
“You’re warning Scarecrow…Riddler. Is to stay out of the Narrows. You do that and we won’t have problems. You don’t comply. Next time my buddy will deliver the kill shot.”
“You aren’t the only game in town.” Riddler shook his head as a dazed Scarecrow stood up. He wiped his chest and a smashed bullet shell clanged to the ground.
“Bane.” Scarecrow rubbed his chest as he spoke. “We don’t have to be enemies. Let us help you take down the bat.”
“I don’t take failures in.” Bane said, his voice was warbly and deep. Some type of foreign accent behind his luchador mask. “Slade! You can go.”
The man with the sniper rifle nodded and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
“You’ve been warned.” Bane simply stated as he walked past them and out of the warehouse. A true power play. Everyone watched him leave. Scarecrow and Riddler glaring at the man as he strolled by their deal.
Riddler was the first to break the silence. “Owls, assassins, and the bats… I think it’s time we enact Plan Omega.”
“I’ll make the arrangements to my people.” Scarecrow nodded.
“Wy didn’t you fear toxin him?”
Scarecrow shrugged. “My lab was destroyed. What’s your excuse? Too good to slap his shins with your cane at least.”
“Fuck you.” Riddler laughed. “Go. I’ll clean up here.”
Scarecrow snapped his longer fingers and one of the dead goons was dragged away into one of his vans. “To each their own Riddler.”
“To each their own…for now.” Riddler smiled.
They watched the vans leave with Scarecrow and his band of goons.
“Ten plus Riddler.” Jason whispered into her ear. “Ready?”
“Read as ever.” Barbara let out an even breath out.
Hurrying over to the walkway, they found a ladder. They quietly descended as one of the vans drove off.
“Shit.” Jason gasped.
Both smiled when they heard the Riddler’s high pitched shrill. “Hurry up!”
Barbara and Jason rounded the corner seeing Riddler just standing around with three goons. They threw the last of their dead comrades in the back of a van. They shared a look and a nod before approaching. They burst forward in a sprint. The first wo were easy. Jason clotheslines one, knocking him out in short order. Barbara brought her tonfa back and cracked a man across his face. He landed on the ground with a final thud. Riddler turned to face them.
His goon attempted to shoot them but Jason threw a knife as he raised his rifle. It got him square in the hand and he dropped the gun. Riddler merely smirked at them as Barbara kicked the last man in the face. Knocking the last of Riddler’s protection out.
“More bats?” Riddler turned his head. “Or owls?”
“We’re here to arrest you.” Jason simply said. Barbara liked the commanding presence in his voice.
“That’s right.” Barbara grinned. “You’re done Riddler. None too soon it appears too.”
“Kids.” Riddler turned his head, gazing at them. “Fine. Take me into police custody.”
“Hands behind your back! Turn around!” Jason demanded.
Riddler complied with a shit eating grin on his face. Jason brought his fist back and punched him in the back of the head. Riddler was dazed and fell to the ground hard. Jason handcuffed him.
“Hey! Watch it, shit head.” Riddler demanded.
“No weakness for crime.” Jason whispered in his ear.  He hoisted the thin man up to his feet and dragged him to a large metal beam. Barbara called the cops, dipping them off to a deal gone bad.
They tied him to the support beam. They fist bumped each other as they looked at their work. A pissy little Riddler still running his mouth, baseless threats or promises of money should they agree to leave. Barbara and Jason let Riddler watch them leave through a side entrance but they circled back and up into the walkways above. Circling back to ensure their prey would be captured and handled.
A few minutes later a neat black car pulled up. Barbara recognized the woman who stepped out.
“If it isn’t the detective’s little sidekick.” Riddler cackled. “Come to arrest me then?”
Detective Montoya nodded as she hauled him up and pushed him into the back of the police car. She called for backup and another man, large and fat, appeared out of the other end.
“Bullock, keep an eye on him. I’m gonna snoop around.”
Barbara and Jason took that as their queue to leave.