A Way In

Batgirl stood on the roof of Lex Corp – Gotham. She grimaced looking at the cyber security in front of her. Taking a long breath she went about cracking the ICE. In a matter of minutes, the security was down and Batgirl stood. Flicking her smartphone back into her utility belt.

"Easy." She grinned.

She opened the skylight window and hopped down. Inside was the offices of one Lex Luther III. He didn't spend much time here, often globetrotting some type of endeavor. This time was a trip to the real HQ of LexCorp, Metropolis.

Stephanie Brown was an intern for the billionaire. He had to have some sort of information on her. Lex's grandfather was a retired super villain. Now turning over a new leaf for a Mayoral Campaign in Metropolis. Lex Luthor III? He had always bled the blood of heroes. His and WayneTech helped design the Watch Tower; the Justice Society used to monitor the planet from space. Sooner or later they'd launch the beast into orbit.

She looked around his office and didn't find a thing. Not even a computer behind his desk. Just lots of collectible and books. She scanned the room twice and still found nothing.

"Shit. She sighed."

"Sloppy work." Batman's voice came from behind her.

"Bats." She sighed, not looking his way.

"I told you to stay at the Belfry."

"And watch team bats struggle to find any information on the girl?"

"Lex is innocent." Batman shook his head.

"You can't know that." Batgirl glared at him now.

"He's been vetted by the Justice Society."

"Sure..." Batgirl glared. "So, tell me. What happens now?"

Batman looked around. "Now, we search here. Since we're here."

"I couldn't find anything."

"He's good at hiding things." Batman walked up to a statue of Superman. He pressed the S logo on it. It went in and a click behind a bookshelf opened up next to Batman. Batgirl walked up to the entrance and grinned. Inside was a treasure trove of tech. They entered and both started searching for everything they could. Batgirl found a laptop and opened it. Withdrawing her phone, she began the arduous practice of hacking past the ICE.

"Found her." Batman finally said.

Without looking up, Batgirl finished hacking the laptop. She opened up the files and looked through the various files she could. Downloading them would drop a virus and alert Lex to the intrusion. She would have to memorize anything she found. There it was: a simple owl logo.

She grimaced, looked to Batman who was fiddling with a much larger computer. Without a second thought, she started breaking down the ICE of the Owl Files. Batman plugged in his own USB to the larger computer as she did. She broke through the ICE and stopped when she saw a name come up: Batman.

She clicked on it and files started pouring out. Filming of his various escapades. Batgirl types furiously, trying to get through the data. Soon, a lone picture was in front of her: Bruce Wayne. It gave his height, his jaw structure and matched it with DNA left behind at the scenes of fights. 95% chance of Bruce Wayne being Batman... If Lex knew this why would he keep in secret? Leverage?

Then she saw an important bit of information: Possible Recruit.

"What are you looking at?" Batman grumbled from behind her.

She turned quick to see him towering over her. "I...I – I just thought –"

"So, Lex knows who I am." Batman looked past Batgirl. "I've got everything we need on Ms. Brown. Shall we leave?"