Chapter 1

The picture above is what Marlow looks like.

T/W: This chapter contains mature and graphic content that may be disturbing for some readers.

I was slapped once again hard across my face. I could feel the swell start to form and I knew it would leave a bruise. "You need to start to behave!" , my shop owner screamed in my face as he took a fist full of my hair. He dragged me further out on the cement floor, and away from my only safe space. My cage.

My shop owner told me he was going easy on me, and not as rough as other vampires were towards rouges. For some time I believed him, but soon I realized what a fool I was. He was bald and his eyes were too close to each other to be considered normal. I didn't know his name and now I referred to him as Mr. Egg.

The air whooshed out of my lungs as Mr. Egg's boot collided with my stomach, sending me sprawling across the cold cement floor. His forehead was slick with sweat from today's work at the pet shop and his pig eyes furiously looked down upon me. "You will do as I say you filthy swine!"

Says the pig.

His boot collided with my ribs this time and I screamed out in agony. I've learned that the more you resist the worse it'll get. So I did as I always did. I just laid still and took the beatings like a champ. This time he didn't feel satisfied enough so he went to grab a whip from the wall.

"Say that I'm your master!" He spat in my face and raised the whip. "You are my master", I croaked out. I turned face down on the floor and braced myself. I heard the whip wining in the air and the smack when it hit my back. The adrenaline that ran through my body numbed the first blow. "Say it louder!" He screamed and whipped me again. "You are my master". He whipped me one last time and now I could feel the blood seeping through what was left of my shirt.

He harshly grabbed my arm and dragged me across the floor towards my cage. "Get in", he said and I crawled into it. He slammed the cage door shut and kicked it for effect. I sighed in agony as the adrenaline left my body and the pain fully hit me. It felt as my back was on fire. I couldn't move much so I ended up just laying down flat on my stomach.

The other pets in the shop didn't bother caring, as they now were used to see me get beaten up. And what would they do? Tell Mr. Pig to stop?

Yeah sure

It was already dark outside and the little food we got as dinner was devoured by me in seconds. Even tough I ate everything Mr. Pig gave me I still lost more and more weight. My ribs were visible and the boobs I had before I got captured were no where to be seen.

I had a nice little family before all went to hell. The vampires began to take more control over all the cities and we knew we were at risk. We didn't have enough money or a high status to save us from the vampires. We decided to flee our city to a nearby one that wasn't conquered by the vampires yet.

When we were at the city border we got captured by three vampires. In the process they killed my father and my only sibling, Sam. He was two years older than me and tried to save us. The vampires with their supernatural abilities were to fast and strong for him.

My mother was sent to a breeding industry in another country. I later learned from eavesdropping from Mr. Pig's phone call with some oh so mighty vampire that the industry got shut down because they didn't make enough money.

After I was captured I was sent to one of the pet shops in another town. It was a small pet shop with lots of equipment to choose from. We were sorted into groups of who were mostly liked to be sold. In the upper cages were the pets who Mr. Pig though would be sold of first, so the vampires who came could see them better.

The further down you were, the less change you got sold. I was at the floor, actually the only pet at floor level and I was glad for it. I'd rather get beaten than being used as a blood bag for some stupid vampire.

All shop owners had files with each pet's personal info. It included gender, blood type, age, weight and height. My blood type was AB negative, the rarest and most wanted blood type. Since I was at floor level no vampire asked about me and therefore didn't have the knowledge about my blood type.

I haven't been bitten by a vampire yet, and I plan on my streak to continue. I sighed and felt my eyelids get heavy. The beating from today took all my energy and the lashing on top made it impossible to stay awake. Even as I drifted away to sleep I felt the burning sensation on my back.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

Authors Note

Wow guys first chapter out! I can't believe this. This wasn't originally what I first planned this chapter to be about, but here we are!

I haven't revealed much about the main character yet, but it will come in the next chapters.

I hope you liked it and as always,
Vote, comment and share!!

-Blondie

Word count: 950