Chapter 4

"Who the hell did that to you?" he asked in a low voice. "W w what?!" I stuttered in response. He came closer to me and said: "I'm not going to ask you again Marlow, who did this?" I gulped. "The pet owner wasn't satisfied with me. I didn't know what I did to upset him but he got angry. Then this happened and other stuff too", I said and looked down.

Atlas sat deadly still for a minute before moving into the bathroom. "Marlow", he growled and I figured the best thing for me was to just follow him. I quickly made my way into the bathroom.

On the top of the sink were a first-aid kit. He gestured for me to sit down on a stool and I did. "Can you turn around for me?" he said in a more gentle voice. I did as he said. He carefully tugged at my towel, pulling it down all the way to my tail bone. I felt my face heat, and was embarrassed to expose this much skin for him.

"I'm going to touch your back now", Atlas said. I nodded in answer. Ever so gently, I felt his fingers trail down my back. It stinged. He continued his work on my back and then stopped.

"It's infected. We need to get you to a doctor. Now". I gulped. I didn't know what to respond to that so I just sat still. "Why didn't you tell me this Marlow?", he asked with a concerned voice. He dragged a hand across his face and pinched his nose like he had a headache. "I I didn't know I was supposed to", I said. He told me it was fine but the next time I should tell him if something's wrong.

I took the towel off from my hair and reached for my black shirt. "Let me help you with that", he said and took the shirt from me. I faced away from him as I unwrapped the towel and my chest was bare. I raised my arms in the air and he helped me get the shirt over my head and the rest of my body.

I blushed again but luckily Atlas didn't see it. "A friend of mine is a doctor, I will call him". "Okay", I mumbled in answer and turned around to face him. Should I thank him? I think so. "Um thank you for doing this...". "No problem" he said and stood up and walked towards his desk.

On top of the desk were a phone and he quickly dialed a phone number no doubt the doctor's. "Ah hello Rowan. My pet needs your services, is it possible for us to come over now? Okay thanks, see you soon". He placed the phone down and turned towards me. "We got an appointment in ten minutes" he announced.
I nodded and he walked over to his nightstand, picking up a leash and a collar. It was a matching dark blue set. He walked towards me and kneeled to put it around my neck.

Me with my 5'4 in height was nothing compared to his 6'1. It was a huge difference that now got reminded when he was at the same level as me. Crouching, he set the collar around my neck, only two holes in which was way looser than the Egg used to do. I think I could fit two fingers between my neck and collar with all the extra space he left me.

He stood up and walked towards the door with my leash and his key card in his hand. We left his dorm and went down the stairs until we were at floor level. We headed out onto the castle grounds and passed multiple vampire groups and their pets. Atlas greeted someone and I think it was Erwin and some vampire girl. There, a sign over a door that said purebloods only, was were I we were headed to, judging by how Atlas slowed down.

Atlas held the door open for me and we stepped in. I was met with a plain white room, and chairs along the wall. It looked like a nurse's office, probably because it was one. We sat down and waited. "Atlas", I heard a deep voice from beside say. "Rowan", Atlas answered.

He stood up and gently tugged my leash, reminding me why we were here. I followed him and Rowan into a room with expensive looking equipment and a big island in the middle of the room. The walls were covered in a yellow-white color with some simple paintings of a heart and the insides of a human.

Rowan was as attractive as all the other vampires were. He had broad shoulders and were almost as tall as Atlas were. I used to envy them when I was younger, before everything went to hell.

Rowan walked behind a computer and the clicking sound of a keyboard was heard.
Finally, he turned towards us. "What's your name?", he asked me. "Marlow", I stuttered. He once again clicked on his computer and gestured with his hand towards the island in the middle.

Before I could do anything Atlas reached down and grabbed me under my armpits, lifting me onto the island like I weighed nothing. I let out a surprised gasp as he set me down. "Okay Marlow, let's hear your heart beat", Rowan said and took his stethoscope around from his neck and brought it towards my heart. I could feel myself getting nervous, and from the way Rowan quietly chuckled I could tell he heard it from my heartbeat too.

"Alright that sounded good. Can you lay on your stomach for me", he said and I knew what was about to happen next. I turned around and laid flat on my stomach and waited for the bomb to drop. I could hear Rowan pull on some gloves and the next thing I knew was him and Atlas carefully removing my shirt over my head.

I laid down with my arms covering my chest, feeling more exposed than ever. Rowan and Atlas thankfully didn't pay much attention to that and was only focused on my back. "Okay so I'm going to put some medicine on your back now", Rowan said. I felt something cold and surprisingly soothing being applied to my back. Rowan continued to work down my back until all my wounds were covered in it. It didn't sting as much anymore. "I suggest you stay here and let the medicine do it's work. You'll have to keep your back bare as the cream dry.", Rowan said. I felt myself face-palming on the inside, now having to be completely naked from waist and up even longer than I thought.

Ughhh just what I needed to hear.

I nodded Rowan ok and rested my head on the island.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

I looked out the window and it was getting dark. I was still on the island waiting for the cream to completely dry. Rowan and Atlas was seated in the far corner of the room and chattered amongst themselves.

I yawned and closed my eyes for a bit.

Just a little while.

I tried to stay awake as I felt myself drift further and further away from consciousness. It was I fight that I couldn't win, and I heard Atlas say something to Rowan: "long day".... "to tired"... "sleep...". It was the only words I could make out before the dark claimed me whole.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

Authors Note

Chapter five guyysss!

It was so hard for me to describe the hospital scene. I didn't know any words related to it and had to google almost everything 😅

I'm not so proud about this chapter, but I still hope it's readable!

Stay tuned for the next update!

And as always,

Vote, comment and share!

-Blondie

Word count: 1300