Chapter 3

The first thing I noticed when we got out was the sun. I haven't been outside for about six months. The feeling of it hitting my skin almost brought me to tears, and I had to bite my lip in order to keep from crying out.

The next thing I noticed was how nice it was to finally stand upright. Mr. Egg only let us out of our cages to shower, or when he punished us.

The vampire let me adjust and just stood there and watched me take everything in. I began to panic when we didn't move and he just continued to stare at me. I could feel my heartbeat pick up and no doubt could he feel it too. My breath got caught as the vampire bent down and lessened the leash around my neck.

"Better?", he asked and I just nodded. I didn't have any shoes so when we started walking I tried to avoid the pebbles and gum on the ground. We continued walking and I was so busy side stepping all the pebbles so I didn't notice when he stopped. I walked right into him and scrambled back.

"I'm so sorry master!", I blurted out, but then remembered to not talk unless spoken to. I looked down and hoped he wouldn't punish me.

"No problem", he said and opened the door of the car we just stopped infront of. He gestured for me to climb in and I did.

Seemed like he didn't care.

He closed the door and jumped in from the other side. The car was kind of a limo, and the driver in front of us exchanged some words with the vampire. "Yeah, we will have to wait for Erwan, I told him to hurry but you know what he's like.", the vampire said. He had a husky-like voice that made me shudder.

The vampire continued to chatt with the driver until the door at my side opened. "Hello Atlas! Long time no see!" he greeted the vampire.

Atlas.

Atlas hugged Erwan in response and looked at me. "So you got a new pet huh?" he asked Atlas. "Yeah, I figured since you have to have one at the academy I could just buy one now.", he said. "Yeah smart, I already have Maya so I don't need a new one.", Erwan said.

"What's her blood type?", Erwan asked. "AB negative", Atlas answered. "Wow not bad, I thought you only liked B positive?". "Yeah but I haven't had a pet with AB negative yet so I figured I could give it a shot".

"How old is she? Fifteen?", Erwan asked. "Nah she's eighteen". "I couldn't have guessed that based on how small and fragile she looks", Erwan chuckled. "Yeah, but with the right food she'll catch her weight in no time."

The rest of the drive were the same. Atlas and Erwan talked and didn't pay me much more attention. I still couldn't shake the fear of off doing something wrong and getting punished. After all, Atlas was a pureblooded vampire.

——————————꧁꧂——————————

The car came to a halt infront of a huge castle-looking building. Atlas jumped out and I followed him. He took my leash in his hand and waited for Erwan to catch up.

I could see various of vampire groups gathered outside the castle all looking at the big door in the center. There, a tall vampire stood and waited for everyone to be silent, clearly about to give a speech.

"Welcome everyone to Blackwood Vampire Academy!", he announced and everyone cheered in response. "I'm the headmaster of this school and you can call me Vincent". "Now now, enough about me I'm sure you all are excited to see your new dorms!". Everyone clapped and started to walk towards the castle doors.

"Come Marlow", Atlas said. I really liked how my name sounded on his tongue. He tugged a little and I followed him. All around us were vampires and their pets. I saw that Erwan had catched up with his pet, Maya. Maya was the pure opposite of me. She was taller, had brown doe eyes and brown hair. She wasn't underweight either, looks like she almost was cared for. Huh, strange.