The One Where The Ulysses Goes Bye-Bye

Third Person POV

Things went wrong immediately.

Alarms blared as a warning and the crew were trying to make sense of the situation. "What the hell just happened?" Helga frowned, rubbing the spot on her waist where she landed.

"It seems to me that we have a little competition," Rourke grunted. The group gathered together, their vigilant gaze glued to the Leviathan that was looming over the ship. "Captain, what do you suggest we do?" The sailor behind the wheel called out. "Keep on track. We're going to find that pathway once we get this varmint out of the way," Rourke replied firmly.

"Look at the size of it!" Madeleine thought aloud. The Leviathan was ten times bigger than the submarine and she wasn't so sure this was going to end well. Under the main deck, the mechanics were dealing with the hit they had just endured.

"Out of the way!" Audrey ran past sailors who were unable to stay balanced on their feet. She observed the submarine beginning to take on water at an unnerving pace. Audrey may have been the second youngest person in the crew but she was the first to take charge of the situation.

"Tell Cookie to melt the butter and break out the bibs. I want this lobster served up on a silver platter," ordered Rourke ordered. "Load the torpedo bays! Sub pod crews, battle stations!" stations!" she demanded before a hit violently threw her aside. "Battle stations!" the ensign called out.

Madeleine watched as dozens of men (Vinny and Mole included raced to their battle stations, quickly preparing to put up a fight. They had been trained for situations similar to this and knew exactly what to do, switching the correct buttons on and gearing up with their headsets.

"Steady boys. Don't panic," Rourke instructed through the intercom.
Another intense impact sent Milo and Madeleine falling backwards into the front window where the eye of the Leviathan glared through the glass.

"Jiminy Christmas! It's a machine!" Milo's hands flew to his head. "A machine? Are you sure?" Madeleine scuttled away and gripped a railing for support. "Maddy, I'm certain. A creature of that size surely would've eaten us by now!" he exclaimed.

The Leviathan had massively sharp claws and red glowing eyes. The body was largely built with blue markings engraved across the exterior and the tail that could smash anything in its path. Milo tried to get a closer look by climbing to the next window but the creature had already moved further into the darkness. "Rourke!" Madeleine waved her hand to catch the commander's attention as she and her brother stood up.

"Yes Ms. Thatch, what is it?"

"A machine- it's- the Leviathan is a machine."

"A machine, you say?" Rourke stopped what he was doing.

"That's right" Milo replied, "I think somebody is trying to thwart us from finding the pathway." "Hm," the commander squinted his eyes, "Real or not, this beast is going down."

Meanwhile below decks, in order prevent the water from coming in, Audrey ran over to a wheel and began rotating it to shut the door. "Wait! Wait!" three sailors called out as they ran for survival. Only two out of the three men made it. (That scene will always haunt me...)

"Launch sub pods!" bellowed Rourke. "Sub pods away!" the ensign called out. All twenty-four of the sub pods were launched into the water in a synchronized manner and headed towards the monster who had the submarine gripped in its pincers.