The One With The Scene With Too Much Blushing

Third Person POV

Kida, Milo, and Madeleine crossed the moss-covered stone as they walked along the forest's edge.
The outsiders were led by the princess to a house shaped like an intricate lantern. Giggling, two young boys jumped a wall and ran past.

The youngest was picked up by Milo and placed on his shoulders as the eldest ran across the wooden bridge into his father's arms. The remaining explorers, who were waiting for dinner to be served, greeted the trio once they entered the house.

"Y'all have been gone all day. What have you been up to, hm?" Sweet asked. "Exploring the highs and lows. You know, making the most of the time we have here, said Madeleine,
"What about you?"

The doctor's eye twitched. "Cookie got his butt stuck between two posts and Packard pursued a married man until his wife chased us away. Trust me, it has not been pleasant," Sweet grumbled. Madeleine giggled at the thought of it. Kida tapped Milo's arm as the hosts began to serve the guests dinner, trying to understand the crew's dynamic.

"Cookies are sweet but yours is not.
Sweet is kindly, but that is not his name. Audrey is sweet, but she is not your doctor, and the little digging animal called Mole..he is your pet?" she asked.

"Close enough," Milo chuckled. Everyone had tucked into their food everybody with the exception of Madeleine. It wasn't her intention to be impolite however she didn't have any idea what her food was.....or why it was still alive, wriggling in her bowl.

Nonetheless, she still expressed gratitude to the hosts for their hospitality. Milo tried to eat his food with the utensils but it was proving to be rather difficult. He gave up on his manners and messily dug his hands into his bowl, stuffing his face and gulping the remaining meal down after accidentally dropping some on the floor.

"Oh, don't forget to eat the head," Sweet ripped his food apart with his mouth, "that's where all the nutrients are," he said to Vinny, who was staring repulsively at his food with a matchstick in his mouth.

As for Mole, he swallowed his food in one gulp before releasing a burp that made Vinny and Sweet shift backwards with wide eyes. While the explorers and the Atlantean villagers interacted in unity, trouble was brewing elsewhere.

Gas masks disguised the identities of the armed soldiers who were preparing themselves with weapons that had been transported in crates, due to the explicit orders they were given.

Once dinner was finished, Kida, Milo and Madeleine headed out into the twilight and the princess led them to a waterfall alcove where fireflies were gliding in the air harmoniously.

"I simply love this city. It's so peaceful," Madeleine leaned against a tree, taking in the scenery of nature. "You know Kida, the most we ever hoped to find was some crumbling buildings, maybe some broken pottery," Milo caught a firefly in his hands.

"Instead, we find a living, thriving society," he chuckled softly,
"these guys are kinda cute when they're not, you know, formed into a fiery column of death" Milo walked over to Kida and placed the firefly into a lamp.

"We are not thriving. True, our people live but our culture is dying.
We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year, a lite more of us is worn away," Kida lamented. My favorite Kida line everyone.

"I wish there was something we could do," Madeleine replied softly. "I have brought you two to this place to ask you for your help. There is a mural here with writing all around the pictures," the princess disclosed.

"Yeah well, you came to the right people," Milo took the lamp from her and began examining the rock behind him. "Come on, Maddy." Milo said putting his young sister on his shoulders.

"Okay, let me see. Let's start with this column right here. Uh, well this... this uh," he babbled, unaware that Kida was peeling her garments off until Madeleine tapped on his shoulder while she jumped off.

"Uh Kida," Milo laughed nervously with wide eyes, "what are you doin'?" "You do swim, do you not?" Unbeknownst to Madeleine, her nose started bleeding. Milo noticed and wiped her nosebleed.

"Oh, we swim pretty girl." Madeleine stammered.  "Pr-pretty good! Pretty good. Good, swim good. Pretty good. We swim pretty good." At Milo's blundering flirtation, Madeleine nodded with an amused grin.

"Good. It is a fair distance to where we are going."

Madeleine didn't hesitate she went down the stairs, nightgown and all while Milo only swam in his underwear. "Can you hold your breath long enough?" Madeleine was slightly concerned.

"Maddy, you are talking to the belly flop champ at Camp Runamuck," Milo smiled softly at his sister. Madeleine and Kida laughed when his underwear inflated. He dipped his body into the water and said, "Come on, we're.. we're wasting time," only to come back up a second later.

"Why don't you lead the way because I have no idea where we're going." Kida playfully rolled her eyes at his over-eagerness. Inhaling deeply, Milo Madeleine, and Kida went under the water together.