The One With Flying Fish

Madeleine's POV

The princess left the castle shortly afterwards, making her way down the stone steps.

"There she is," I nudged Milo's arm and he tucked the Shepherd's
Journal away so he could concentrate. "I'm ready," he said.
"Okay Milo, don't take no for an answer," I whispered. "Maddy, how does this sound? 'Look, we have some questions for you and we're not leaving this city until they're answered,' Milo glanced at me for approval.

"Yeah, that's it, that's good, that's good." I nodded and Milo gave me two thumbs up.

As they cautiously peered from behind the pillar, the princess was nowhere in sight.

"Did you see where she went?" I wondered. "I didn't. It's like she disappeared in thin air," Milo replied.

Unbeknownst to us, the princess was observing their every move from above. As we slowly emerged from behind the pillar inquisitively, she stealthily descended and startled them by placing her hand over our mouths.

"I have some questions for you two and you are not leaving this city until they are answered."

"Looks like she beat us to it." I said to Milo. "Yeah, well..I, okay," muttered Milo. "Shh, come with me," the Atlantean suddenly whisked the two outsiders away.

Third Person POV

Madeleine was in awe ot the enchanting city of Atlantis. Thinking of her home, she couldn't help but wish her own looked just as captivating. "Where are we going?" she pondered aloud. "Keep up.
You'll see," Kida answered.

The trio crawled their way through the waterfall rocks that were coated with tree roots and eventually found themselves wandering in a vast forest clearing.

"Oh, there is so much to ask about your world. You are a scholar, are you not?" Kida pulled Milo down a moss rock by the hem of his pants, accidentally showing his underwear,
"judging from your diminished physique and large forehead," she flicked his head which shifted his circular glasses out of place, "you are suited for nothing else."

Milo appeared a little flustered as he tugged his shirt down.

"And you," the Atlantan's attention turned to Madeleine, "do you work for your lover? I assume so by your similar clothing style and your constant presence together since our first encounter," Kida pointed at the two who were leaning against each other.

"Oh no." Madeleine chuckled as she and Milo separated. "He's just my brother." Madeleine paused for a moment. "I mean, he and I previously worked in a museum," Madeleine clarified, disregarding any further assumptions.

"I am most fascinated by your arrival. Do tell me, what is your country of origin? When did the flood waters recede? How did you..." Kida playfully donned Milo's glasses, leaving him to navigate the now-distorted world before him.

"Wait a minute, we appreciate your enthusiasm. We really do but we have some questions for you too," Madeleine smiled, holding her hand out.

The glasses were handed back and Madeleine carefully wiped them clean on her shirt before placing them on Milo like the many times she had done before.

"Let's do this, okay? You ask one, then we'll ask one and well...You get it," Milo suggested. "Very well," Kida spoke calmly. "What is your first question?"

"If you don't mind me asking, have visitors always been welcomed here in the city, or were any denied at the entrance?" Madeleine inquired.

"You are the only visitors to ever make it to Atlantis. But, had you visited many years ago, we would've slain you on sight. Now, I cannot bring myself to do so."